domestic boo boo's

the hedge man

My neighbour was trying to cut the front hedge back with and electric hedge cutter one day. The hedge has been left for two years without being touched and is now all brown and the parts she was cutting are about and inch dia. must have been a long day for her. Poor young girl she is aswell.

Did think about getting my cutter out for her but then I don't like her so sod it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbour was trying to cut the front hedge back with and electric hedge cutter one day. The hedge has been left for two years without being touched and is now all brown and the parts she was cutting are about and inch dia. must have been a long day for her. Poor young girl she is aswell.

Did think about getting my cutter out for her but then I don't like her so sod it.

what kind of hedge?

Yeah like I said I did think about doing it for her but I don't like her.

We have lived here for about three years and I've only seen it get cut once. Well twice now.

well half watched her with your hands on your face?!

its a wonder more people are not willing to put their hands in their pocket for a pro to do it for them isn't it

Was round my grandparents once having a sunday dinner and a cowboy turned up at the door and asked if they wanted a tree in their front garden taken out, small sycamore about 20ft high. He was speaking to my grandma for about 10mins so I thought I'd better go and see what was happening to make sure he wasn't trying to con her. Turns out he was trying to quote £250 because the black dots on the leaves were a disease that was killing the tree and making it unsafe. I'd been doing some work in the back garden (free of charge obviously as its my family) and was wearing my hiflex and a stihl tshirt ... he suddenly became very sheepish and said to me maybe the dots weren't that bad afterall but that being next to a main road the tree might fail from dirty air :confused1: Needless to say I told him no thanks and added we'll get a professional round if we want it looking at in the future, no reaction just turned and walked off :lol:

...sadly though I dare say he got a job off some old lady in the next street :thumbdown:

Had a similar experience with my parents. I had taken down a few conifers in their back garden to stop my Dad, who is nearly 80, from climbing them. I had stacked all the brash in the front garden before loading it onto my truck. A crappy old Granada pulled up outside and a bloke with an interesting haircut (standard Crays Hill issue :biggrin:) got out to talk to my Dad who was doing some work in the front garden. He offered to get 'his boys' to clear it for Dad who laughed, pointed to me carrying through my saw and kit from the back garden and told him 'We're in the business'. :lol:

There's a tree near me where the guy who lives there has been doing it for about three years now! He's gat a trie extension ladder tied to the trunk! Another one from the first fork up Ito the crown and the one from there to the top. It's horrendous! Big old tree! Last time I went past he had all the branches off but seems to have come to a stand still with the stem! Lol

Got a good one today.

While I was out fixing a strimmer for a friend today the missis decided she wasn't going to wait for me to come home and cut the grass.

Decided she would strim with sandals on.... Anyone guess the rest.

Now she has got a huge cut across her ankle that is going to scar. After I finished wetting myself I dressed it up for her with a Mickey mouse plaster. Apparently it is my fault for not doing it before I left.

Had a knock on the door today, couple asking if I could have a look at there tree. As its litterely around the corner id go look. She explained she's cut some of the branches of but decided its too big. Went round and had a look and there was a very flimsy ladder leaning against the tree. The twin stemmed eucalyptus was about 30' tall. What made it interesting was where the woman had stood on the ladder with a handsaw and put a back cut in about 1/3 the way through the tree about 10' up.

Going round on Tuesday to sort it if it's still standing!