Ref mud tyres no more by the eu regulation lol

mendiplogs

You may not have a choice as fitting stations need to follow the laws, if the law says no mud tyres then they are not allowed to fit them.

And I wouldn't want to fit my own tyres as changing tyres on a tractor are one thing but when a vehicle goes above 30 and the wheels are not balanced it could get a bit hairy.

HI RICH just buy a load of mud tyres in mate fit them on rims :thumbup::thumb up:jon :thumbup:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not have a choice as fitting stations need to follow the laws, if the law says no mud tyres then they are not allowed to fit them.

And I wouldn't want to fit my own tyres as changing tyres on a tractor are one thing but when a vehicle goes above 30 and the wheels are not balanced it could get a bit hairy.

My 285.75.16 BFG's have never been balanced. No worries.

Is it going to be another un inforceable law. So how are the police going to be able to test to see if the tyres are over.

The police won't have to, it will be part of the MOT. so if plod is having a bad day he dials your number plate into a computer and pulls you over

Is it going to be another un inforceable law. So how are the police going to be able to test to see if the tyres are over.

With the power of eBay you could by mud tyres abroad and load them onto you rims!

They don't have to test they have to look, the legislation requires tyres to be marked with a noise index.

The power of the bay will fail, it,s an offence to supply tyres that don't conform.

This is however another storm in a tea cup, the exemption for professional off road tyres will do nicely thank you.

It is inconceivable that off road tyres would be unavailable, farmers, anyone with business that takes them off road, including the police and so on need off road tyres.

Off road tyres are a fraction of the rubber on the road.

Brand new tyres are to be a different pattern. That's why the like of AT2's changed there pattern.

You tyres won't suddenly become illegal ,it's being phased in and it is part of a much bigger EU plan to stop modifications.

Soon you will not be able to chip your motor, fit extra lights or anything. It will have to be done by the manufacturer.

It's supposed to stop the boy racers but like most EU law has been poorly thought out with no basis in proper research.