Opening a can of worms ... The Olympics, what is your view?!

will.morris

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed up with it,

They say its going to be a great atmosphere... Yeah loads of more people in this country half of which won't go back

The traffic is gonna be horrible i live near hadleigh and the ill thought out sadlers farm roundabout

oh god I'm just gonna stay in doors for the month

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Tom it is all relative, when the Olympics was in Atlanta, LA, some how folks were able to cope. As far as any immigration issues you may have that would be between you and your elected officials. You will survive this event, most of the folks involved will:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

My word what a miserable thread.

I wish all the athletes, who have trained for years to be among the very best in the sport, the very best of luck, they won't all win a medal, but just reaching a standard that allows them to compete at this level is a tremendous achievement!!!!:thumbup:

Their grandchildren will be very, very proud!!!:thumbup1:

What a bunch of miseries!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic small mindedness IMO!

With the exception of ELG and his few supporters and Skyhuck, you are all a bunch of wingers!!

Rich Rule, I'm surprised!! Your an athletic sporting type of bloke, you know what these people put in to their respective sports to be the top of their game, yet you complain about being stuck in traffic on your way to/from cutting a poxy tree down. Who cares, there is more to life than work.

We should all enjoy the spectacle, be proud of the county for doing its best in difficult financial times and if its not as good as Bejing then that wont make it a flop, (Mr Bullman!!) and I think we will see far more golds for team GB than before, along with many new records being set etc.

The rest of you moaners would do well to remember that tree cutting is not the be all and end all of life in this country, some people have far more interesting hobbies/activities and sports etc. and push themselves further to achieve in their lives than you lot ever will.

Ha ha, what a good day for a rant!

What a bunch of miseries!!!!!!!!!!! Pathetic small mindedness IMO!

With the exception of ELG and his few supporters and Skyhuck, you are all a bunch of wingers!!

Ha ha, what a good day for a rant!

Ha ha!! I wasn't wingeing, I was admiring Autralia's fine hurdling atheletes...:blushing::lol: How dare you Rupe!!!:lol:

Safe to post now I think haha!

As a sports fan I think the olympics is fantastic and truely appreciate all the training involved. Just look at the line up for our mens road cycling team! Especially if Wiggo manages to hold on!!!

As much as I love sport though ... ~£12bn to host it and theories that it could end up double that, I don't think it's small mindedness to think that that is a gross amount of money to spend on sport given the mess we are in. Bit of perspective, we have people out on the front lines under-equipped. More to life than trees but also more to life than sport.

In all honesty I'd be just as happy to watch out athletes do well in another country without the costs.

The thread is going how I wanted it to, people expressing different view points but no-one is having personal digs at each other :thumbup1: