cost of tipping

log supplier

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never tipped in council yards, always found places for chip, alotments,horse arenas,garden centres ets.

The hedgecuttings i uesd to stolk pile then shred with ducker.

But i think its about 38 quid a ton, some places wont charge if they have a good recycling unit. But i am going to stockpile chip now for buzz.i would pm him.

i know the company that i do a bit for charges £76 +vat per ton for disposal of green waste whether its been processed into chip or not.

they take all the council green waste from refuse sites, everything is then put through a 400hp shredder then sold as biomass to power stations.

Edited by garth mc garth
forgot something

all of the chip I produce gets used as animal bedding on our farm, cant get enought of the stuff so if any of the kent members need a tipping area let me know!

We are quite interested in offering local farmers woodchip for cattle bedding, using the timber that's too wet use as biomass fuel.

The question we keep getting asked is "how does it compare with conventional straw bedding?". Farmers are paying over £120/t for straw, so how do we convince them that woodchip is a better/cheaper alternative?

We are quite interested in offering local farmers woodchip for cattle bedding, using the timber that's too wet use as biomass fuel.

The question we keep getting asked is "how does it compare with conventional straw bedding?". Farmers are paying over £120/t for straw, so how do we convince them that woodchip is a better/cheaper alternative?

it depends on how you use the chip as bedding tho, i find it works well as an absorbent base layer when used a few inches deep then a covering of straw ontop. i find dairy farmers the biggest user of it for cubicle building floors, alternatively they have been using gypsum paper as another low cost bedding.

our use for it is in my parents poultry and waterfowl business, each pen has a minimum of 6 inches of chip in and the transformation it has mate to the quality of the birds we produce ie feathers and legs arent all muddy even in the depths of winter on heavy wealden clay you can walk around the entire 2 acre compound in your slippers. they're customer regularly buy hard wood chip from me for use in their domestic pens