What do climber's charge.£ per hour.???

jnoon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£120 thats fair i dont mind that :thumbup1:

£80 thats a piss thake sorry but it is:thumbdown:

£120 p/day, as much coffee as he/she can drink, bonus if climber does more than expected.

These guys make me a living, if there is more in it by the extra they put into it, then they share in it!

Never been dissapointed, only amazed at the level of what they turn out.

Steve

Sign of the times mate,there is alot of new blood on the scene and its driving prices down.Just like us buying gear at the keenest price,employeers are shopping around when it comes to labour.

Edited by Mike Hill
typo

Hi all,

Just been speaking to a tree surgeon i used to work for (asking for a bit of chipper advice), he then moved on to say the reason i dont phone you anymore josh is your too expensive!!:confused1:......

As he said he can get blokes that just want beer money and are happy to work for £10.00 per hour,

Ive been on the ground working with a saw for atleast 5/6 years and have been climbing for say 12months, im not being cocky but i would say im getting quite fast & im very safe, Im self employed & have my own van, saws, ppe & 5million pl insurance.

I charge £12.50 per hour at the moment (£100.00) per day.

And i graft for that, sometimes dont even stop for lunch,

Is this really to expensive?:thumbdown:All the other lads i subcontract for are well happy with me and give me load of work, at the end of the day ive still got rent to pay, bills the same as anybody else.!!

Thanks

This bit says it all for me really.

Hi all,

Just been speaking to a tree surgeon i used to work for (asking for a bit of chipper advice), he then moved on to say the reason i dont phone you anymore josh is your too expensive!!:confused1:......

As he said he can get blokes that just want beer money and are happy to work for £10.00 per hour,

Ive been on the ground working with a saw for atleast 5/6 years and have been climbing for say 12months, im not being cocky but i would say im getting quite fast & im very safe, Im self employed & have my own van, saws, ppe & 5million pl insurance.

I charge £12.50 per hour at the moment (£100.00) per day.

And i graft for that, sometimes dont even stop for lunch,

Is this really to expensive?:thumbdown: All the other lads i subcontract for are well happy with me and give me load of work, at the end of the day ive still got rent to pay, bills the same as anybody else.!!

Thanks

HI JNOON tell him will he go up a tree for £10 a hr he's taking the p.ss mate if thats your rate is your rate mate not £10 a hr we are not going back slavery:thumbdown: mate all the best with it jon :thumbup:

£120 p/day, as much coffee as he/she can drink, bonus if climber does more than expected.

These guys make me a living, if there is more in it by the extra they put into it, then they share in it!

Never been dissapointed, only amazed at the level of what they turn out.

Steve

Thanks mate, :thumbup1: take today for an expample, nice crown reduction/limb removal on an oak, client wanted solar pannels to be a little more exposed to the light, I climbed (subcontracting) got the limbs down, tidyed up, logged up by 2ish, we were asked to top a little beech, we didnt mind as we were doing well for time, so we put the effort in and then left site tisy @3pm, it doesnt happen like that every day i know, but its nice feeling when you work hard and finish on or a little before time, gave me time to price up a job on way home to :thumbup1:

This bit says it all for me really.

:biggrin: thanks mate, like i say i put the graft in im on site on at house 5 to 10 mins early EVERY TIME, i work hard, im tidy & safe so i guess thats why they phone me back,

HI JNOON tell him will he go up a tree for £10 a hr he's taking the p.ss mate if thats your rate is your rate mate not £10 a hr we are not going back slavery:thumbdown: mate all the best with it jon :thumbup:

Thanks bud, well i think hes happy to do it for that :confused1: god only know why:lol:, just thankfull of the other tre surgeons i work for, they are reliable to me so i repay them by working hard and doing a smart job,:thumbup1: