ANY bargains at the show to day thanks

mendiplogs

How much was the 201t if you don't mind me asking?

I looked at spider jacks they were about 175inc vat. I asked one company about there,s which was 175 to see if it was inc vat. They said is it cash? I replied, no its card (debit card btw) they said well no, it's plus vat then!

Don,t think I,ll ever bother with them again!

Some people didn't seem bothered like you say, take it or leave it...

£475 (inc. VAT, with any bar size) was on the tag, but bought a 550XP and a Stihl HL100 hedge cutter (for a mate) aswell so they knocked another £20 off. Excellent deal.... they'll be getting more business off me in the future!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

big problem nowadays that the internet has driven prices down so most stuff is already at low prices so often show specials are just not available as all the exhibitors have to fund the costs of the stand and all the travel ect.

The exhibitors need to pay stand fees, fuel to and from the show, hotel fees for all the staff for show days plus at least one before to set up and most are at rock bottom price wise anyway. If anything show prices should be higher than internet prices. What the show does give is the opportunity to pick and choose each item for a different supplier if you want to save a fiver here and there.

The problem I find now is due to diesel prices and a hotel stop over I am already £250 in before I get to the first stall so I pick a choose the shows for the social scene not the show bargains.

big problem nowadays that the internet has driven prices down so most stuff is already at low prices so often show specials are just not available as all the exhibitors have to fund the costs of the stand and all the travel ect.

This!

We cant warrant the travel to come all the way from Newcastle, bring a load of gear, staff a pitch and slash prices. Came down for a nosey about Friday and fair play to the guys Martyn, Justin etc for their efforts.

Like you say the advent of the internet has changed the whole advantage of these shows in my opinion. At one time the only time you could get a competitive price was at shows like these but now a days you compare one retailer to another, haggle and order something from one end of the country and get it next day at the other end.

Please dont think this is me talking on Gustharts behalf being bitter we cant make it to these shows because I love them. Its awesome to see everyone at one place at one time putting names to faces etc. The advantages just might not be there anymore??

Not really a problem mate, it just means we are already getting a great deal, so there is no profit left to trim when the shows come round.

I still buy my saws from the same dealer I have been buying from for 20years, I first went to him 35 years ago at the age of 10 with my dad.

The internet has allowed me to haggle a good price off him, so I get all the advantages of a local dealer, but at a great price :thumbup:

Obviously I'm lucky to have such a good local dealer (Dick Leigh) many do not have a good local dealer or their dealer refuses to come close to the web prices, in which case buying off the web is best for them.

I found that there was a small but consistent discount through out most products prices compared with internet prices to encourage one to buy on the day , even if not in stock at the show the supplier would send out after at the same discounted price, ps I’m past comparing all the prices on the day and missing whats on but always have a little look and buy

thanks to everyone who came and supported the Childrens Trust on the Arbtalk stand. Once again the axe throwing was a success, nice to put names to new faces, sorry if I didnt catch all of youto talk to. thanks in particular to the two companies who took over for a while in an epic battle over three rounds of 5men each to decide who was the best. It went right down to the wire, on e last throw, there was 3pts difference, all the boss had to do was hit the target, but......he missed and dug a trench :lol: Good stuff lads :thumbup1:

Id like to carry this idea on at shows, it adds to the excitement and brigs out the best of friendly competitiveness, and its all for charity so everyone wins....except for the losers :thumbup:

I totally understand that there are overheads and the suppliers have to make a profit but IMO most people go to the shows to save a bit of money.

By the time you've taken a day off working, paid diesel (and Severn bridge toll for me 😡), paid the £8 to get in, etc. etc. It's not a cheap day for the punter.

Spoke to loads of mates that went this year with the plan on spending some cash, but their money stayed in their pockets! Why would they spend more on a product on the day, when they can get it cheaper from the same supplier online?!

I've been holding off buying new saws for a while with the hope of saving a few more ££'s at the show and it paid off for me, but I'll probably think twice next time.