How would you tackle this?

Billy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bracing has done very little in my opinion, the limb was being supported I think but the bracing had snapped, there are a few other snapped braces in the tree also. Those saying move the heras fencing and drop it, the land behind the tree does not belong to the developers and apparently the owners are not so friendly, plus there is some wooden fencing, mostly just posts that can't be damaged. The other side, very close by is the scaffolding and new building the pictures were taken from which is well within the danger zone if I 'just drop it'.

No Mick, this is in Roehampton West London

I have yet to see a failed tree where the cable bracing has done what it is intended to do. I have long maintained that this is yet another white elephant sold by the more "professional" companies to create more work, and to help them stand apart from the average Joes in the job. Does anyone have any pics of bracing preventing further damage to the tree, or saving the property below? Id be interested to see something that proves me wrong about this. IMO to brace something to make it safer(?) is admitting that tHe tree is dangerous, is it not?

Cabling does as much good as a reduction!

They are the salesmans recomendations of the tree cutting world.

:lol:

I'd still move the Heras fence.

Bollox to the unfriendly landowners, what if it had fallen down on their side naturally?

I'd be putting my own safety before other peoples sensibilities, as always.:thumbup:

I've seen bracing work ... And when it has not, its been badly installed or not suitable in the first place for the job at hand.. What are the other options fell every tree that has a defect .. I agree in some respects but If a client asks how can I prevent this tree failing reduction and bracing are the way forward IMO.

I have yet to see a failed tree where the cable bracing has done what it is intended to do. I have long maintained that this is yet another white elephant sold by the more "professional" companies to create more work, and to help them stand apart from the average Joes in the job. Does anyone have any pics of bracing preventing further damage to the tree, or saving the property below? Id be interested to see something that proves me wrong about this. IMO to brace something to make it safer(?) is admitting that tHe tree is dangerous, is it not?

Have to agree i just see it as ass covering exercise to show they have done something about it when it all goes tits up. I don't think it's just by companies selling it plenty of national trust, English heritage and councils I've done work for have used it and most of the time was there choice.

And if it does create more work why is it a problem. If the clients happy to pay. The insurers happy you've taken a step to prevent something and your happy to put it up what's the problem with that?