Dropped right in front of me !

Stubby

Always wondered if it would ever happen , the need for a man with a saw at that moment ! Any way drove up a lane to my Husqvarna dealer to pick something up . Blowing a hooligan , in there 10 mins topps , , came out , drove back, down the lane , over took the dust cart that was doing the bins and a dead elm fell strait across the lane right in front of me blocking it totally . It seemed like a well rehersed play --- Stopped my truck got my 560 out the back , bin man got out bin truck . I fired her up stripped of the snot ( no brash , been dead for years ). Logged up the good stuff, bin man helped me chuck it in my truck and away we went . We must have said no more than 2 words and the whole thing took 8 - 10 mins topps ! Any one had the same ore similar ? I am 59 years old and old and its a first for me ! :biggrin:

It's happened to me twice once eight years ago and again last year.

The one last year was half a street tree, i saw it going so braked hard and the bonnet of the landy ended up under the brash.

Got out cut it all up and moved it to one side whilst all the other car drivers sat in the cars and watched, as soon as a gap opened up big enough to get a car through they were all off....leaving me to clear the mess.

Humans....selfish scum the lot of em :biggrin:

It's happened to me twice once eight years ago and again last year.

The one last year was half a street tree, i saw it going so braked hard and the bonnet of the landy ended up under the brash.

Got out cut it all up and moved it to one side whilst all the other car drivers sat in the cars and watched, as soon as a gap opened up big enough to get a car through they were all off....leaving me to clear the mess.

Humans....selfish scum the lot of em :biggrin:

Humans are selfish scum , including me > That dead elm was prime porkyworky !

I have chopped up a street tree with a silky before. I didn't have a chainsaw in the truck but it was only a Rowan so the Sugoi it was.

It was quite funny, about 7 or 8 kids redirecting traffic whilst on their way he from school... Haha. The tree was about 15 metres from Fr Jones' old shop.

there was a tree blocking half the road near our yard on friday, this was 7.55am. by the time we got in the work truck and drove up to it at 8.15 it had been cleared by someone with a chainsaw and their wasn't any sign of anyone there :confused1:

Yup. Was working with a mate in his woods. Home time too cold to change out of PPE , a mile up the road two W.P.C s trying to clear the road with a bow saw. Out with the saws cleared in no time and off they shot on blues and twos to the RTA they were on their way to. Was a blow that they had to hurry on as one mentioned that her chainsaw cert. had only just expired.:blushing:

A few years ago a drove into a traffic jam on a busy road but as the road was straight, I could see a fallen tree in the distance. I decided to clear it up and drove past the queue.

Two Police cars were already there and one of the officers said another Tree Surgeon would be there in 45 minutes.

He then then said that for H&S reasons he couldn't allow me to get involved so I told them to sit in their cars while we and a few lorry drivers cleared it up. We then held up all the selfish, lazy car drivers to let all the lorries through first. Priceless.