• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:confused1::confused1:

how.

Tyres not speed rated up to mog speeds.

Axels not rated above 20mph.

Brakes will lack the 50% minimum efficacy for use above 20mph.

Brakes are oil hydraulic.

Rocking beam with stub axels.

Lighting dose not conform to Lighting Regulations >25mph.

i.e. behind a mog or fastrac any trailer must conform to the higher standard of Construction & Use, Lighting Regulations & type approvals of parts as per a truck or one of its trailers regardless of the mogs VED catogory ;)

i.e. behind a mog or fastrac any trailer must conform to the higher standard of Construction & Use, Lighting Regulations & type approvals of parts as per a truck or one of its trailers regardless of the mogs VED catogory ;)

now i know.what if he drove really slowly:001_smile:

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

now i know.what if he drove really slowly:001_smile:

It wouldn’t mater if you drove with it behind a mog or Fastrac at 1mph on the road it would still be just as illegal as if you were doing 60mph

Mogs, Fastrac, trucks, cars, bus, etc & there trailers are class 2 vehicles (>20mph) which must by definition conform to higher requirements than class 1 vehicles (<20mph)

sorry :001_smile:

It wouldn’t mater if you drove with it behind a mog or Fastrac at 1mph on the road it would still be just as illegal as if you were doing 60mph

Mogs, Fastrac, trucks, cars, bus, etc & there trailers are class 2 vehicles (>20mph) which must by definition conform to higher requirements than class 1 vehicles (<20mph)

sorry :001_smile:

i am glad my local constabulary arent as clued up as you

what about a valmet with a 50k box?

most tractors with up to a 50k gearbox do say on warning labels not to exceed 20mph because they dont have full axle suspension, air brakes and some other things i cant remember. exceptions being of course mogs and fastracs etc.

the idea of the 40-50k gearboxes on normal tractors, is officially and legally to lower the engine rpms for trailering in top gear at 20mph thus making them more fuel efficient. whether that's the case or not, is very much open to interpretation