Is it actually worth it anymore

SiW

I wish people would stop moaning about their lot all the time, "I'm being undercut" or

"cowboys stealing my work" jeez times are tough so man up. go and do some utility work or stack some shelves or pick rubbish from a landfill in Rio.

the best place for you is in france clown ! give the lad a break ....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this all the time mate..hard times are with all of us. They won't last for ever, keep going and everything will come together. The other option is just to give up....and we ain't gonna do that!

Agree with you.

it ain't that bad.

average day rate i reckon is around 300 to 400 profit.

So most of us prob make more in 3 days than the average working man does in a month...and when we are working...its all fun , games and fresh air.

tree work is an undervalued industry and at the same time tree workers overvalue them selfs.

I would love to be earning that in a day! so far it takes me around a week to get that and them im out doing gardenig jobs either before or ater work.

I personally believe we moan way to much.

all the negative energy spent typing and moaning..you could have done something positive for your company a in the same time.

We all think we have it hard..but we don't!! life is easy for british citizens.

I was recently in poland and was talking to my girlfriends grandfather. ( wife to be on 2nd june )..

They were telling me after the war they had to walk around with straw stuffed in newspapers for shoes. Nothing got wasted...they would brew chicken **** for vodka and they had no clothes as the germans took everything, they also all lost a lot of weight because food was so scarce. Life wa tough for them, life is tough for many aficans, life was tough after the war, Life has been about survival for as long as humans have been on the planet. ....and here we are complaining on a forum..on our laptops, iphones or ipads how hard life it.

Get a grip of yourselfs...you want business to come and make a better living? Work harder.

Good post mate.

I remember sitting in a bar in Manchester in about 1992 with my mates, and we were all whinging about student debt.

Then realised we were swigging premium lagers, wearing Caterpillar boots and smoking Marlboro Lights!

Hello!

It is tough out there at the minute for sure, but the strong will prevail.

I do feel for the new lads, though.

If I was starting out I'd head for Oz or NZ.

Good post mate.

I remember sitting in a bar in Manchester in about 1992 with my mates, and we were all whinging about student debt.

Then realised we were swigging premium lagers, wearing Caterpillar boots and smoking Marlboro Lights!

Hello!

It is tough out there at the minute for sure, but the strong will prevail.

I do feel for the new lads, though.

If I was starting out I'd head for Oz or NZ.

yeah i think i would be doing the same.

Oz, the states, and new zealand seems like the place to go.

skills in tree work would also improve much faster than working in the uk due to more complex removals.

Would love to do utility work but if I had the grand to pay for the tickets then I wouldn't be as hacked off durr!!!

£1000 for tickets, heck! pm me with your requirments and we,ll see what we can sort, certainly wont be a thousand:thumbup1:

Thas very true, i completed my course 2/3yrs back and out of 18. 15 past, 8 gain 30,31,38,39 basic's and only 3 of us have got a full time job.

I agree with the 1st post aswell. i was going to start my own company,however after looking around it was best to fight for a climbing role

I wish people would stop moaning about their lot all the time, "I'm being undercut" or

"cowboys stealing my work" jeez times are tough so man up. go and do some utility work or stack some shelves or pick rubbish from a landfill in Rio.

I agree - if you dont like it go work in Tesco's....I like times like these....

Sorts:thumbup: the men from the boys, the boys can go back to school !

I picked up 3 big contracts from big firms this week ! All making me plenty of money !

yeah i think i would be doing the same.

Oz, the states, and new zealand seems like the place to go.

skills in tree work would also improve much faster than working in the uk due to more complex removals.

Exactly what I've done mate! Love the weather here and the work is great :thumbup: