Anyone else tearing their Hair out??

Burytreeman

Don't see how it makes any difference, the work done by two has to have the same worth regardless of wether one is the Co owner or not.

IMO, if your sending out teams, you need at least two teams to bring in a wage for you as a boss/manager, when I ran two teams, I led one team 4 days per week and had another team working 5 days, I spent the 5th day sorting out the business side of things.

But TBH I find I can make more with a 5th day on the tools than that extra team made me in 5 days, plus its so much less hassle.

So you needed just one day to do quotes to get in all the work

plus do wages/H&S/rotas/sorting out tools/organising equipment maintenance.

You are a god:001_tt2:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you needed just one day to do quotes to get in all the work

plus do wages/H&S/rotas/sorting out tools/organising equipment maintenance.

You are a god:001_tt2:

Most guy who run their own business do all that stuff in evenings and weekends, as I do now, leading one team, the extra paperwork required for a second team was what I did on the week day I was not on the tools.

!!!

read it again !!:001_tongue:

well

sounded to me like he was running 2 teams by spending 1 day doing all the business side of things which I think is unachievable

Thats all

I know to run two teams you need to quote at least 10 jobs a week plus the other stuff

If I got this wrong please accept apologies

Most guy who run their own business do all that stuff in evenings and weekends, as I do now, leading one team, the extra paperwork required for a second team was what I did on the week day I was not on the tools.

Proof that bigger is not always better. I bet you are happier since you shrunk back to one team.

Aah

so do you price in this evening work at overtime rates or for free because it does eat into your 'me' time

I remember the days

Proof that bigger is not always better. I bet you are happier since you shrunk back to one team.

Big mistake- this is not usually the case

You need to run two teams with you JUST doing quotes/paperwork

A team of two is a complicated partnership= resentment from your groundie+ you disappearing from jobs to quote at the wrong time because you have set up an appointment+ I've seen it so many times and it often ends in tears.

How many groundies do you get through running a two man team?

Oh yes!!!!:thumbup:

Nothing more frustrating than having to go and sort out a mess that staff have created or ringing the other team to see how they are doing only to be told they are still on the first job, they had been there 4 hours, it was a hedge cutting job I've done for years and I always did it in 1.5 hours :001_rolleyes:

The worst one was a council call out, I sent them to, windblown Oak blocking a drive, got a call from the other climber, "it was not doable, we need a crane"

I got there and had the job finished in 4 hours with just a 66 and chipper.

Big mistake- this is not usually the case

You need to run two teams with you JUST doing quotes/paperwork

A team of two is a complicated partnership= resentment from your groundie+ you disappearing from jobs to quote at the wrong time because you have set up an appointment+ I've seen it so many times and it often ends in tears.

How many groundies do you get through running a two man team?

I've had the same one for 6 years :biggrin:

Aah

so do you price in this evening work at overtime rates or for free because it does eat into your 'me' time

I remember the days

Yes I look at jobs in the evening or Saturday mornings in the winter, my wage more than compensate for this, I would be bored witless not climbing through the week.