Arb business start up

fishbone

Get some training (reduces the chances of maiming or killing yourself)

Get some saws, a tipper and a chipper ( makes getting rid of the rubbish easier and speeds the job up no end)

Get some insurance, (reduces the chance of loosing your house if it all goes wrong)

Find a freelance climber or two till you can manage the bigger stuff yourself.

Crack on......

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there I would recommend doing a year as a groundy first . Doing this will give you a really good insite into how arb companies work . You will get to learn all the pratical stuff and time on the tools you will learn how the company runs it's business how the lads work and gain a good pratical exp and also learn loads from the climbers too.

To set up an arb business with no exp at all of the industry at all is a sure road to ruin .

All the best

Littletree:001_smile:

Probably the best most apt statement I have read on this forum in a long time, RobArb, did you go to the same school as me and David Cardin ? I think that's how you spell his name, you know, grass hopper, blind man with white eyes who kicked the b Jesus out of every one, in fact that was the teacher grass hopper was the student, with a bold head,when they crossed his path, and told it as it is, a bit like you, and me:lol: Confucius say only fool climb trees:001_tt2: Just remembered his name was Cane :thumbup:

Thanks.... I think:lol::biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

so you want to work as a f/t fireman and part time arbirist ?thus taking money and work of chaps that made this ther carer,plus you wont be paying any tax on yr extra earnings, ? will you,:biggrin:

You sir, havnt a clue....

kind regards

How about finding a forum for Electricians and asking the following.

I have no training and want to start a small Electrical contracting firm.

What do I need to have/do?

How much will I earn without any experiance?

I am a Fireman but want to be your competition and still have my normal job.

Look forward to your replies-

How about finding a forum for Electricians and asking the following.

I have no training and want to start a small Electrical contracting firm.

What do I need to have/do?

How much will I earn without any experiance?

I am a Fireman but want to be your competition and still have my normal job.

Look forward to your replies-

:dito:

I wish our firefighters had to give rather more of their time for their excellent wage.

Same can be said about you arb workers. You all obviously earn a fortune for doing a cushty job that some people even do for free.

With regards my time I work a 48 hour week. Like every other person in the country, if I choose to be industriouse and work on my weekends/downtime then thats my problem.

Same can be said about you arb workers. You all obviously earn a fortune for doing a cushty job that some people even do for free.

With regards my time I work a 48 hour week. Like every other person in the country, if I choose to be industriouse and work on my weekends/downtime then thats my problem.

:sneaky2:

show me where im earning a fortune please!!!!!!!!!!!

cushty job? i look at it as a highly skilled professional job my man!