Log cabin home

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone can buy a log cabin and a parcel of land, the hard part is getting planning to give you permission, if it was that easy we'd all be doing it.

Agree, I will be interested in the outcome of this thread. Keep us posted dean :thumbup:

Anyone can buy a log cabin and a parcel of land, the hard part is getting planning to give you permission to live in it permanently, if it was that easy we'd all be doing it.

Planning was approved for a 10,000 square foot steel framed and clad building so I reckon two Eco low impact log buildings will be a lot easier to

Gain permission for

Planning was approved for a 10,000 square foot steel framed and clad building so I reckon two Eco low impact log buildings will be a lot easier to

Gain permission for

I sincerely hope you get permission Dean, but its been my experience that planners and local busy body's don't like anything other than the norm for habitation. Planners down here are a bunch of

I hope you're planing department buck the trend :thumbup1:

Edited by Steve Bullman
language

Not impossible if you went about it the right way. You need something that requires you to live on site, if you earned a living from charcoal burning from your own coppice for instance.

I suggest getting a planning consultant involved sooner rather than later.

Not impossible if you went about it the right way. You need something that requires you to live on site, if you earned a living from charcoal burning from your own coppice for instance.

I suggest getting a planning consultant involved sooner rather than later.

Charcoal would have to earn you minimum wage for 52 weeks a year, even if possible it still doesn't mean planners would grant permission for a log cabin.

Plus Deans land and house might be on the same land registry title, and therefore most probably won't come under agricultural policy.

Edited by Lee Winger

I think it would be hard for any planners to object to such a build on real terms, theres a lot to be said for sustainable building materials. I think if Dean has any "planning issues" and was smart about it he could get round them with some careful sourcing and the right eco plan.

Not being funny Tony but have you ever dealt with a planning application Tony other than TPO? in real terms they're a bunch of envious dicks right eco plan or no eco plan.

I have a friend who tried for a proper eco house sod roof etc he's multimillionaire with access to the best legal team you can get, 10 years on he's still not built.

The only bloke I know who successfully erected luxury log cabins was a farmer who erected 6 cabins of holiday use.