jensen 530 contractor 750kgs opinions please

treefrog

I brought A JENSON A530 WITH 350 HOURS ON JUST PUT 100 HRS ON IT Cant fault it mint machine blades are more expensive than the tw150 but there 9 inch rarther than 3 inch much easeir to change than my Entec think its the same as the 150. Would recommend any day of the week i consider them to be a better 6 inch chippper than the wolf.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looked at the quadchip but the deal they offered was pretty poor and wasn t too impressed with the local dealers salesman. also did not like the low height of the hopper when at the rear position. could lower the height of the tow bar on the transit but it would be on the floor when connected to the landy. Its also a new design so would be good to see it about in a couple more years.

I have run an older one for 4 years. It spends less time in workshop than t wolf.

But heavy to move on your own. I have not seen the 750kg model yet but it will a decision between tracked or tow when the time comes. Does anyone know if a tracked machine can throw the chip far enough to be left on its trailer pulled up outside a house or does it need unloading first? ie is the infeed chute to high up to load? Regards Andy

Blew my budget completely(like i do everytime i buy something) and went for a new 530xl. Bought a second hand machine before and turned out to be something it wasn't. Replaced everything on it. Who ever gets my old timberwolf is getting a bargin and a great little chipper but it time to move on. This new jensen should make sense for the future and same some time in the process. farewell Timberwolf and hello Jensen.

The Jensen is a far better machine IMO. It has much bigger bearings and blades and you get 2 swipes with the blade on each rotation. I have owned a tw150 and have used the Jensen 530 contactor many times. You have also got a Jensen dealer (Redwood) just up the road from you who are very good. Worth speaking to them if you havn't already.

I currently have a very good tw150 but have looked at a nearly new jensen and thinking of trading it in. This is because of the 6x8 opening= less sneading. its still light enough to move about. I do mainly domestic and some larger contract work so have no real need in a larger machine but as i know my tw inside and out do i go into the unknown. I ve hired them in the past and have been very impressed and there alot of them about locally to me. Whats peoples views on this machine ie owning and maintaining.