School dinners

ballibeg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a lad I had school dinners, the dinner was as nutritious as food in the 1970's was, we had no choice it was spam fritters, beef stews, pies all with veg and spuds, the desert was always starchy milky and sweet, suet puddings, spotted dick, custard, tapioca, all washed down with tap water

Our old head master Mr Rose [a man I have to this day so much admiration for] would patrol the tables like a crow, nobody left the table without eating everything on your plate! regardless if you liked it or not.

I watched a tv programme about a family that settled in a small village in France, the school dinner was cooked by 2 lady's from the village in the schools own kitchen, I was amazed at what was on the menu, pork and bean stew with proper veg including and pasta, desert was a fruit pudding of some kind. The little primary school aged kids loved it.

If these jerks that are in charge of our kids at school, really cared about them , they'd bring back Mr Rose and employ there own cooks who cook wholesome food, haven't they heard ''an army marches on its stomach''

If I was in power [lol] free school dinners cooked in school kitchens, would be supplied free of charge to every school age child and the meals would be a healthy one choice option!

Edited by Lee Winger

• 4 months later...