Likely story

niftysteve

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems though that these showmen (it may just be in the West Midlands) travel from place to place and mess up everywere they go for example every park they went to in Birmingham.

Attention to detail mate, please! Showmen pay the local council a very large sum of money a bond to set up a fair, the Showmen rely on this council/showmen mutual co-operation, ie they want repeat business, Showmen rarely leave tyre marks let alone rubbish and mess, if they left so much mess we wouldn't have the same Showmen/Fairground turn up to the same place year in year out, some fairs such as the Goose fair have been going for decades..

Sorry to sound like i'm having a rant but, if I were a Showmen i'd hate to be tarred with leaving rubbish and of being theives..

The Showmens Guild http://www.showmensguild.com/

My mate got stuck with 2 fake 395s last year. He paid £200 each for them.

Well mate all I can say is this ''a greedy man is easy ripped'' [old conmans saying] anyone who thinks he can get two 395's for £400 is a mug or he thinks hes buying knock-off, I have no sympathy...

Just like those folk who think they're getting a bargain 42'' plasma HD tv for £100 only to find its a con, tough lucks all I have to say

Edited by Lee Winger

Well mate all I can say is this ''a greedy man is easy ripped'' [old conmans saying] anyone who thinks he can get two 395's for £400 is a mug or he thinks hes buying knock-off, I have no sympathy...

Just like those folk who think they're getting a bargain 42'' plasma HD tv for £100 only to find its a con, tough lucks all I have to say

My opinions exactly.

You mean when I'm offered plasma screen TV's out of a van that 'are left over stock we can't take back' they're not legit, or won't work properly?

Good job conveniently I have never had any cash on me when I've been offered such things.......

If you want some entertainment of course (works best at just before 5...) Say I'm interested but need to pop in here for a couple of things before they shut. Then come out realising that you need to go to a cash machine for money. Then realise that you can't get cash out because you've already taken some money out already, so you'll have to go to the bank. Get there and it's shut - Oh sorry mate, tell you what don't suppose you can meet me at x tomorrow can you.......

Then again I enjoy baiting.

I even had one offer to let me pay by cheque for a pressure washer and generator (both brand new from a trade show....) when I gave him the no cash line. Was almost tempted to give out duff cheque, but couldn't bring my self to rip off even people that I suspected to be theiving bar stewards..

Rob

Sorry to sound like i'm having a rant but, if I were a Showmen i'd hate to be tarred with leaving rubbish and of being theives..

The Showmens Guild http://www.showmensguild.com/

There is a showman’s over winter yard near here. Decent folks. I took some Pops down for them a while back. They might not leave rubbish but I bet they leave a few babies in thier wake.:blushing:

Andy.

I've never heard of fake saws, whats that all about?

Copies (clones) from China. I haven’t seen the huskies but I thrashed an 038 copy on the logpile for few days and it ate the punishment. I have a couple of old broken 38’s on the shelf and all the parts are identical. Clones rather than copies.

They seem to have gone for obsolete but still useable models in the Stihl range.

You can get them into the country for about a third the price of genuine depending on quantity and exchange rate.

Check them out here

http://www.madeinchina.com/2785397/P6008750/Gasoline-Chainsaw-Ms380.shtml

Andy