Show us your Arb boats

Al Baker

Oh I don't know.

Being on the bow ploughing through 30ft sees trying to find a target getting drenched. And the adrenalin just flows non stop for hours........

Or jumping off the bow to recover or investigate and sinking vessel....

I know what I would rather be on.:thumbup::thumbup:

Bunch of softies on boats with roofs...... real men drive ribs:biggrin:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunch of softies on boats with roofs...... real men drive ribs:biggrin:

Funny you should say that. Was out in an Atlantic 95 rib, was another stations and we got to play. Damn its fast. And I loved every minute of it. But shame they can't launch in rough weather. Guess I will stick to the lid.

But they are talking about getting a rib at our station, and being young I will be put on that.:laugh1:

HI ATS how fast is that mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon, 60 knots (69 mph) drinking 900 litres per hour. I'd stick to the balloons if i were you:wink:

drugboat2.jpg.f5d03642894dd1d927c5a261963147a9.jpg

A planing hull has a maximum speed no mater how many Hp you throw at it. I had a 17' ski boat with a single 125Hp which was only 10-15 mph less!

Regards,

Steve.

Not strictly an Arb Boat but a couple of ridged raiders that I used to instruct on while I was still in the mob

[ATTACH]115846[/ATTACH]

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Cpl Nield He was a scouser was he not . Mayhem did Cpl Mclean 9 para R E ever cross your path ? You recall the Minley manor shooting circa early 1990s ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will post up some pics of our 40` steel barge with keel cooled 9" Schiesling chipper, hiab and winch with 20` shallow draft pontoon when I get a chance. Its going in the water after a major refit very shortly.

Onto this post which involves annually cutting back all vegetation on a small island in a disused gravel pit to allow the birds to nest on it. for this we used our steel ex army landing craft, its all steel with buoyancy tanks each end. Good for about 3 ton carrying. There was 27 builders bags of chip/crap to get off, the boat is bomb proof we just point it at the island and go flat out until it beaches:) (no wet feet)

Bob

006_zps82a6ab01.jpg

009_zps296bf67c.jpg

010_zpsee7ae1f9.jpg

014_zpsf3ce1470.jpg

Hi Jon, 60 knots (69 mph) drinking 900 litres per hour. I'd stick to the balloons if i were you:wink:

[ATTACH]131705[/ATTACH]

A planing hull has a maximum speed no mater how many Hp you throw at it. I had a 17' ski boat with a single 125Hp which was only 10-15 mph less!

Regards,

Steve.

HI STEVE thanks that mate jon :thumbup: