Today's call outs.

timberbear

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call first thing this morning, a local firm wanted a climber for some storm damage. I had to tell them after the skinfull of ale I drank at Twickers yesterday, I was going nowhere!. I never do call outs.

Always get big winds here, today is blowing but not that bad. The village we live in is effected by the "Helm Wind" -

The Helm Wind is a named wind in Cumbria, England, a strong north-easterly wind which blows down the south-west slope of the Cross Fell escarpment. It is the only named wind in the British Isles, although many other mountain regions in Britain exhibit the same phenomenon when the weather conditions are favourable. It may take its name from the helmet or cap of cloud which forms above Cross Fell, known as the Helm Bar, since a line of clouds over the fells can predict and accompany a Helm. Research into the helm wind was carried out by Gordon Manley in the 1930s. He interpreted the phenomenon in hydrodynamic terms as a "standing wave" and "rotor", a model confirmed in 1939 by glider flights.

We had it for about a day a couple of weeks ago. I did two trees the day after, hopefully the slates will stay on tonight!

Wow lots of work there. Some tree surgeons are still clearing up storm damage from january high winds here in Glasgow....i'm looking forward to more storms this winter coming. :001_smile:

I saw the damage when I drive north of Glasgow and the central belt in January, I just wanted to park up and get stuck in but my misses had to remind me we were on holiday!