How much would you charge?

Joe Loggs

Hi people I need a little help I'm a free lance climber and I have just got a large job in my village doing various jobs, what day rate would be fair for me and a groundsman no chipper and truck needed. I want to earn money from this but I don't want tobe to dear and lose work in the village. Does £250 a day sound to cheap or fair?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the deal with the customer?

Fair deal = loads of work, not pricing against anyone else and money on completion or at the end of each week if it's a big job.

You could give the guy a bargain , have a lovely contract in your head and pass next week and the gardeners are doing the easy conifers for £800 cash finished for lunchtime, and you may be a little bit peeved!

What's the deal with the customer?

Fair deal = loads of work, not pricing against anyone else and money on completion or at the end of each week if it's a big job.

You could give the guy a bargain , have a lovely contract in your head and pass next week and the gardeners are doing the easy conifers for £800 cash finished for lunchtime, and you may be a little bit peeved!

The customer aren't short of a few bob as they own most the land around the village and they haven't got quotes as people in the village throw work towards the locals hence why I got the call I don't advertise just word of mouth. I want tobe fair as it seems they could keep me busy for a lot of Saturdays, payment will be after everyday I do. I worked out £150 for me £80 for groundy

£20 for fuel. I'd like to earn more but I think that would be greedy?

Has as been said above, your overheads will be different to everyone else

If you are like me and employ your groundy and are paying employers liability then £250 is nowhere near enough etc etc

I don't have employers liability just myself to look after as I'm a subby climber. I'm just trying to see what I can get away with without being expensive as the extra cash would be ideal rather than just earning day rate.

I don't have employers liability just myself to look after as I'm a subby climber. I'm just trying to see what I can get away with without being expensive as the extra cash would be ideal rather than just earning day rate.

So who insures your groundy, just in case you drop a branch on him?

The customer aren't short of a few bob as they own most the land around the village and they haven't got quotes as people in the village throw work towards the locals hence why I got the call I don't advertise just word of mouth. I want tobe fair as it seems they could keep me busy for a lot of Saturdays, payment will be after everyday I do. I worked out £150 for me £80 for groundy

£20 for fuel. I'd like to earn more but I think that would be greedy?

so you pay yourself 150 a day???? why do you need all that, i charge 150-200 somedays for conbtract climbing, but i only pay myself a fraction of that, out of that come my taxes wear and tear on gear, fuel....ect ect.

What do you charge during the week? 150 for yourself for a Saturday sounds a little cheap. I would want at least 200 for myself and 80 for groundie, plus costs.

Be careful, they may be putting work your way but I can guarantee they will work you. If you give a day rate they will want as much cramming into any given day as they can.

Don't undersell yourself, go in higher and you might be surprised!