Bloody tooth ache!!!

farmer_ben

I've had loads of probs with my teeth in the past but am gradually getting them sorted. Im having my fillings replaced with inlays as funds allow. There really isnt anything much worse than toothache...at least what ive experienced to date. Apparently childbirth hurts a little but not for as long?? :001_rolleyes::biggrin:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got two fillings and a semi periodontal cleaning. sore ****. took two days to recover. Then feeding a chipper, when the witches wood, spun and hit me in the side of the helmet and jaw. was like Desperate Dan for a couple of days. next time I think I'll ware a motorbike helmet. Elder is a nasty wood..

I don't have great teeth, lots of fillings, but my gums are very good and so are the roots of my teeth. My dentist reckons that they can keep my teeth in good order so long as I look after them.

Hopefully we will be the last generation to have bad teeth, all my 4 children (aged 7 to 16) have perfect teeth, not one filling. Modern tooth past is very,very good!!!!

The main reason i am having my teeth sorted is because i do not want my boy growing up been scared of the dentist.

I remember being petrified about having root canal work done to save a tooth. I found the anticipation was far worse than the actual work, unfortunately lost the tooth shortly afterwards, but the fear of an extraction was far greater than any pain i felt. I too had gum disease but it was caught in time and now use a rotary brush followed by daily flossing and mouth wash..a balls ache but worth it to keep your teeth.

I've been at the dentist a lot lately, want to get all my teeth back into shape before it's too late... my problem is needles.... however, I get the bubble gum flavoured anaesthetic gel before the needle and the whole experience is painless.

I had a couple of broken teeth / fillings / abcesses done the other day, makes such a difference to life in general once done.

I did get an infection where I had a tooth removed last year, that was even more painful than toothache, now I take antibiotics as a matter of course for a few days after having a tooth out and I've had no problems.

I smashed a front tooth off years ago and had a root canal, post & crown. Annoyingly I lost that so after 5 years I'm finally getting a bridge made, but I have to have the whole root out at the front first.

I used to dislike the dentist but having changed to a new one it's a completely different story. I say what I want to happen, she listens, even when I lie there demanding she explain exactly what she's going to do, what order it'll be in and to show me the tools she's using and how they work before she starts. I find that way I can keep things in perspective while she's drilling away in my head, it removes much of the fear of the unknown and lack of control which I think is the biggest issue, you're incredibly vulnerable while having dental treatment, it goes against our fight/flight instincts.

The main reason i am having my teeth sorted is because i do not want my boy growing up been scared of the dentist.

I hear what your saying, but to be honest I try to frighten my children by telling them how unpleasant fillings are and that the best way to avoid the horrors of the drill is for them clean their teeth well!!!!!!

They are all happy to go to the dentists, because they always get told what a good job they are doing looking after their teeth :thumbup:

Got one of my wisdom teeth pushing through the gum at moment. Painful as hell but I'm reminding myself to not be such a fassyman about it as its growing proper so doubt will ever need to come out. Had crap buildup under gum around a single tooth and thought I was done for. 5mins at dentist blasting it out with his high pressure nozzle, oooo errr, and it became less painful within the hour. Thought I was going to have all my teeth pulled out cos it was so painful.