speach less!

Craig Johnson

A lot of this happens where I work, I don't agree with it, it's the wrong way to manage trees and to call them "pollards" is also wrong (imo)

They been topped "coz it's easy" and we wouldn't want any one busting a gut to do it properly now would we!:001_rolleyes:

It's a false economy managing trees like this

Sent from my Galaxy S2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut years ago but returned to trees that were to your liking before they were cut again to a similar spec .

The only difference is if you had your way now they would be felled, Is it not possible for them to return to their former glory ?

It would be much easier to restart again Jammy, hence my comment they should have been taken down and replaced with a species best suited to pollarding. They were ruined the first time they were done because from what I can see, they were "proper" topped, it looks as though many were left as poles.

Therefore the rot will be in the head of the main trunk.

Pictures in opening post have been removed in accordance with forum guidlines

14. Posting pictures of other peoples work with the intent to discredit(even if just to show examples of poor tree work), is not permitted at arbtalk.

A you were :)

all due respect mate but whats the difference between this and the videos people post of some bad/poor/dangerous tree work?

all due respect mate but whats the difference between this and the videos people post of some bad/poor/dangerous tree work?

If people post videos or pictures of themselves then that's up them its them, posting examples of others work with the intention of discrediting somebody is pretty bad form, if somebody did it to me I would not be happy, would you?

YouTube video,s are already up for public scrutiny, me taking pictures of someone else,s bad work is different.

If people post videos or pictures of themselves then that's up them its them, posting examples of others work with the intention of discrediting somebody is pretty bad form, if somebody did it to me I would not be happy, would you?

thats exactly why i asked????

so why are people aloud to post other peoples bad videos in the video forum and its still is the same as a picture????

YouTube video,s are already up for public scrutiny, me taking pictures of someone else,s bad work is different.

but that does not mean they can post them here and scrutinise in our forum which is clearly happening .........so yes post away bad comments on you tube but you can't have 1 rule for 1 and another rule for 2............?

but that does not mean they can post them here and scrutinise in our forum which is clearly happening .........so yes post away bad comments on you tube but you can't have 1 rule for 1 and another rule for 2............?

I find there is a simple answer to that one... Don't bother scrutinising others work, either on youtube clips or pictures.

I try and concentrate on what I do well rather than what others may do badly. You can still compliment people on good work.

I find there is a simple answer to that one... Don't bother scrutinising others work, either on youtube clips or pictures.

I try and concentrate on what I do well rather than what others may do badly. You can still compliment people on good work.

you miss understand mate, the pictures on this thread were removed because of the rules .....so that means when someone posts a video of someone else work, only to say its poor which it maybe but it should still be removed to ......?

i'm not having ago just getting my view across thats all.....:biggrin:

Personally i'd prefer not to see the keyboard warriors slagging off someones work in a video either, but as Marc has already said, theres a far cry from someone posting a link to a video that someone has already put in the public domain, and taking photos of someones work and posting it in the public domain without their consent.