boys day out

burrell_

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm deffinately up for it!

A 560 would be the benchmark to beat Chris,as I say I'd love to run my 360 against one before it dies.

I have the 036, 360, and now a new, yes new 361(there is a story behind that though) to compare in the 60cc bracket. Also such as the ported 260, 192 etc etc.

Im sure such as Nige and Brett would be up for it, it wouldnt take much to get a crowd with a massive heap of toys!

I'm in. :thumbup:

I'll bring my 262xp, gotta have that in the 60cc comp!!!

It'll be like a night out with an ex girlfriend! :sneaky2::biggrin:

And my 2100 CD with 15" bar. :lol:

if i can get hold of it il grab my mates ported ms660 with a full wrap handle,, what a saw it is,, its got a 20" bar on it,, ive probly used it more than he has,,, i keep trying to pursuade him to sell it to me

Nice one Nige, I have plans for my 360 to make it one to beat:sneaky2:

There is a small chance of a 560 being available but would depend on the date.

Just thought, there's my old 281 could do with a run out, just to blow some cobwebs off:thumbup1:

if i can get hold of it il grab my mates ported ms660 with a full wrap handle,, what a saw it is,, its got a 20" bar on it,, ive probly used it more than he has,,, i keep trying to pursuade him to sell it to me

It would be very interesting to see how that compares with my 066 Magnum - it's an early one which is effectively factory spec ported. 24" bar on mine.

Alec

Eds 023 isn't ported, I put a new piston in it - Meteor of course :thumbup: and tuned the carb up, I think he uses it as a chipper saw as it is smaller than most of his kit - good to see it working well after doing it months ago.

Been doing a bit of work on the bars and chains on the 357XP and 346XP, have opened the 357XP muffler up a bit more as I need to speed it up a fraction more to keep it level with Mattys 560XP.

Was dissapointed with the 346XP as it revved well in the cut but wasn't digging in as it should, I have found the bar rails were a little splayed so have closed them up and sharpened up the chain, should work a lot better now.

The 181SE was a bit boggy and have just found the breather was blocked, will clean it up and am thinking of lightly porting it before the next GTG - Sawfest 2 ....son of Sawfest:thumbup:

I have also dug out an old 298XP that I may run up and the 2094 plus have a few other gems that may make it out of the workshop!

I'm in. :thumbup:

I'll bring my 262xp' date=' gotta have that in the 60cc comp!!!

It'll be like a night out with an ex girlfriend! :sneaky2::biggrin:

And my 2100 CD with 15" bar. :lol:[/quote']

Nice one Nige, I have plans for my 360 to make it one to beat:sneaky2:

There is a small chance of a 560 being available but would depend on the date.

Just thought, there's my old 281 could do with a run out, just to blow some cobwebs off:thumbup1:

Cool.

Depends on when, but if next week's job shows some bigger timber then there's a good chance of some 560 presence.........

After using Brett's 3120 on Friday with 20" bar on it, I reckon we might have to try it on a 15" and 9 tooth rim :lol:

Was dissapointed with the 346XP as it revved well in the cut but wasn't digging in as it should, I have found the bar rails were a little splayed so have closed them up and sharpened up the chain, should work a lot better now.

Steve. Don't forget to try your 346 with a shortish bar 13" or 15" and an 8 pin . The one you did for me works well like that . Razor sharp chain also ! :thumbup: