The Mafia?

petestarbuck

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, a pensioner would have more morals

It's true, no-one over the age of 60 has ever done anything wrong.

I'll just chuck in that I am sure Dean's experience with the LA/AA is true. I have no opinion on the matter, just don't like "ageism" or whatever you call it.

Edited by Sam Thompson

I'll agree with that Tony...but sometimes..just sometimes, the conspiracy theories are right. I don't doubt Deans personal experiences for a minute

Yep, sometimes they are. I don't doubt Dean either (why would I?). I was making a more general point and thinking more probability than possibilty. Of course its possible; I just don't agree that it is probable.

So please don't insult me by telling me

There's no corruption, to believe there isn't, your either stupid, brain dead or corrupt yourself

Your right Dean, the corruption in local government is well known, anyone who denies it is living in cloud cuckoo land.

The corruption got a lot worse with the shrinking of the British Empire when tens of thousands of bureaucrats who were used to ordering the natives about came home to Britain and got jobs within local government and the civil service where they then proceeded to create cliques and 'jobs for the boys' networks to order British people around just as they'd done to the indigenous populations in India and Africa. This left a legacy of corruption being the norm in local government and the civil service that carries on to this day.

Edited by scotspine1

people are hardwired to conclude conspiracy

your obsession with denouncing conspiracy theorists is clouding your thoughts Tony

if people are hardwired to detect anything it's wether something is reasonable or not and in the case of the original poster he correctly detected an unreasonable decision by his local authority.

your obsession with denouncing conspiracy theorists is clouding your thoughts Tony

if people are hardwired to detect anything it's wether something is reasonable or not and in the case of the original poster he correctly detected an unreasonable decision by his local authority.

Perhaps he did; but he also decided that the only way that decision arose was via conspiracy rather than stupidity. I say that is unlikely.

That, you see, was my point. Quite prosaic and unremarkable really.

I still think there is a likely hood of misinterpretation, either by the OP's client of what the LA told him, or more likely a misinterpretation of what the client told the OP.

He didnt get the job, and the client siad some stuff to try and placate him which has been misinterpretated into the LA saying only AAACs can do the work which we all know is not true.

People misinterpretate all the time. Folk are being told they cant get a job without tickets, and they misinterpretate that to mean that they would get a job if they had tickets, whereas what it really means is that they cant get a job cos there arnt any or because they are not the person that a company would employ.

So, I think the OP didnt get the work for whatever reason, the client said something like "it has to be an AAAC" even though he was probably only told to look at AAAC as a recomendation, and the OP has taken that as a definitive reason why he is not getting work.