The Mafia?

petestarbuck

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree,

The LA should not impose these conditions,

Not being AA approved I have been in a similar situation.

The AA does have it's place and it is a good cause,

but I do know of a recently approved company that are good at paperwork

So got there approval,

I wouldn't trust half of them to prune a rose bush,

although I have said this there are some very good AA approved company's

Some times I believe the LA overstep there authority

There could also be misinterpretation going on here.

The LA might have suggested he look at the AAAC's list, and then on top of that he doesnt want the OP to do the work for whatever reason, it could be anything, maybe he doesnt like you or your appearance, or wahtever it may be.

The client then says he can only use AAAC's, this may not be the truth but what he is saying is that you havnt got the job!! If its happening a lot then maybe its not the AAAC's pushing in, maybe your going for the wrong clients??

If your client (in this instance, not an actual client) is not influenced by cost, then maybe his reasons for not hiring you are not the AAAC thing at all. There are many people who have no idea about the AA, and are after cost saving and nothign else. I believe there is a market for everybody in tree work, but their market share is upto them to achieve/improve.

And ELG, I dont think you are correct, there is no good old boys club going on, I have been working for LA's for years and have only just recenty got AAAC status. Its more a case of the right person/company for the job. LA's can choose there own contractors or use AAAC's its upto each individual LA's legal dept to decide on the protocol. And the OP was talking about planning applications through the council not direct work for LA's.

The facts are that applications are for the tree(s) and have no relevance to the person/company who may or may not carry out the work within the 2 years allowed period.

There could also be misinterpretation going on here.

The LA might have suggested he look at the AAAC's list, and then on top of that he doesnt want the OP to do the work for whatever reason, it could be anything, maybe he doesnt like you or your appearance, or wahtever it may be.

The client then says he can only use AAAC's, this may not be the truth but what he is saying is that you havnt got the job!! If its happening a lot then maybe its not the AAAC's pushing in, maybe your going for the wrong clients??

If your client (in this instance, not an actual client) is not influenced by cost, then maybe his reasons for not hiring you are not the AAAC thing at all. There are many people who have no idea about the AA, and are after cost saving and nothign else. I believe there is a market for everybody in tree work, but their market share is upto them to achieve/improve.

And ELG, I dont think you are correct, [b]there is no good old boys club going on, [/b]I have been working for LA's for years and have only just recenty got AAAC status. Its more a case of the right person/company for the job. LA's can choose there own contractors or use AAAC's its upto each individual LA's legal dept to decide on the protocol. And the OP was talking about planning applications through the council not direct work for LA's.

The facts are that applications are for the tree(s) and have no relevance to the person/company who may or may not carry out the work within the 2 years allowed period.

No old boys club, are you having a laugh.

There will always be one

If there is then its not an AA thing, its just the Who you know thing as in your sig (nearly).

There is no AA only old boys club going on, like I say I have been doing work for LA's for years without being AA approved, and also I have done lots of work for AA consultants that have recomended me over AAACs for years aswell.

Now that I am AAAC nothing has changed really, no big door has opened, just another string to my bow, but I dont intend to use it to step over others, like I say there is a market for everybody you just need to know what/where it is.

If there is then its not an AA thing, its just the Who you know thing as in your sig (nearly).

There is no AA only old boys club going on, like I say I have been doing work for LA's for years without being AA approved, and also I have done lots of work for AA consultants that have recomended me over AAACs for years aswell.

Now that I am AAAC nothing has changed really, no big door has opened, just another string to my bow, but I dont intend to use it to step over others, like I say there is a market for everybody you just need to know what/where it is.

I didn't say the AA's old boys club,

lets make that clear

Fair enough Rupe. This thread just seemed to imply a "club of sorts". Weather or not the playing field will ever be level remains for debate.

easy-lift guy

No, I dont think it will ever be level as such, and I agree with you and gollum that there probably is a club of sorts, but its more a who you know club and/or if your face fits club, not an AAAC club.

AAAC is not the be all and end all, its just the best industry standard we have, many companies are that good or better without being AAAC, and it up to them to promote themselves and win the work on their own merits, like all AAAC's still have to do.

The OP was referring to planning consent for AAACs only and that cannot be the case.