really!!

Czlowiek Drzewo

CORRECT.... When I owned petrol stations I would have customers telling me that I was making a fortune from them and when I tried to explain that I was lucky to make 3 pence per litre gross out of which I had to finance premises worth around 1 million, maintain equipment, pay staff, cover credit card charges dramatically reducing that 3p, the ruddy stuff used to evaporate and contract underground all of which I would have paid the duty on etc etc they would still say `I know your raking it in` so I would then offer to show them a fuel invoice at which point an expression of `does not compute` would come onto their face as they scuttled out declining the offer but still murmuring that I was robbing them :confused1:

only one person makes money on fuel, and thats the bloke with the rights to the land they pump it from under!!!:001_smile: and the tax man i guess!

Edited by MikeTM150
tax man!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a few quote over the phone calls before............:001_rolleyes:

had a good one the other day,

voice message asking me to call them back to go quote for the removal of bit of brash and some fairly biggish timber.........

phone them back couple hours later (dinner time)..........

oh sorry i already have someone doing it:001_huh::001_rolleyes:..............they must be busy then?

some people are strange?

Had a few quote over the phone calls before............:001_rolleyes:

had a good one the other day,

voice message asking me to call them back to go quote for the removal of bit of brash and some fairly biggish timber.........

phone them back couple hours later (dinner time)..........

oh sorry i already have someone doing it:001_huh::001_rolleyes:..............they must be busy then?

some people are strange?

That's perfectly reasonable though, surely? If I'm after quotes for certain work and I call a company but get an answer phone, then I'll leave a message. Instead of just hoping that person actually gets round to calling me back (because a lot don't) then I'll call another firm. First one with a reasonable quote gets the job.

That's perfectly reasonable though, surely? If I'm after quotes for certain work and I call a company but get an answer phone, then I'll leave a message. Instead of just hoping that person actually gets round to calling me back (because a lot don't) then I'll call another firm. First one with a reasonable quote gets the job.

yeah thats all good if he gave me a chance to quote on it, but after 3 hours just because i was working and unable to answer the phone! how does he no i wouldn't of given him a good quote?????

just pointless asking to quote for something then saying..........na its ok i got it sorted now.....understandable if i left it for a whole day or more....

impatient.............:001_rolleyes:

Anyone asking for a quote over the phone is a retard, full stop. Don't give me 'they don't know any better because they are not professionals' BS.

Would you ring a garage up and say ' Excuse me, how much is a car?' or a travel agent and ask 'Excuse me, how much is a holiday?'.

Thought not.

Why these cretins persist when we all offer free no obligation quotations is beyond me.

If they want a day rate over the phone, they can have one, but that's it.

It all works out well in the end I suppose, because you wouldn't want to work for these people anyway.

Anyone asking for a quote over the phone is a retard, full stop. Don't give me 'they don't know any better because they are not professionals' BS.

Would you ring a garage up and say ' Excuse me, how much is a car?' or a travel agent and ask 'Excuse me, how much is a holiday?'.

Thought not.

Why these cretins persist when we all offer free no obligation quotations is beyond me.

If they want a day rate over the phone, they can have one, but that's it.

It all works out well in the end I suppose, because you wouldn't want to work for these people anyway.

I can assure you, that every day of my working life I take calls from people who ask very, very similar questions. 9 times out of 10 I can convert them into jobs/sales.

I have been dealing with the retail public and their machinery for nearly 35 years and if I assumend they were all idiots simply because they don't understand the product and/or my procedures, then I wouldn't expect to be in business.

If you can't be bothered (or more likely don't know how to) convert an enquiry into a sale, rather than educate and inform the uninitiated then I hope you already have a full order book, because one day, sure as eggs is eggs you may not have.:thumbdown:

Wouldn't call a potential customer a "muppet" just because they don't understand the whys and wherefores of quoting for something that has a multitude of variables.

How many time do you think they've called on the services of a professional before? Probably never.

Surely if they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn't be ringing you in the first place. It's how you handle the enquiry is the key to this, rather than belittling the potential customer.

Asking relevant questions to qualify the enquiry and dealing with it professionally, whilst educating the customer so they understand the situation would be the correct approach.

I guess this is aimed at me, they are muppets for thinking that a professional company, working within the law and best practice, could possibly compete with some bloke next door who's doing it for a little extra income, paying no tax on that income, probably has no real idea of the work involved and will more than likely not finnish the job once started.

Also they are not potential customers, they are just chances who are trying to get something done on the cheap.

I had one just the other week, decent sized job, I quoted £1100+VAT.

"Oh a friends son who clears trees on the rail way can do it for £600 cash, he'll climb for 3 days for that and I'll help"

Thats fine, but why on earth does the muppet think I'm interested in trying to compete with that :confused1: I'm not a charity.

Why do they waste our time:thumbdown: