really!!

Czlowiek Drzewo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your advertising tree work or stump grinding etc the caller on the end of the phone wanting a quote over the phone is sometimes another would be tree worker wanting to know your going rate.

.... in which case (as has been pointed out already) they would KNOW to can't possibly quote over the phone.

Wouldn't call a potential customer a "muppet" just because they don't understand the whys and wherefores of quoting for something that has a multitude of variables.

How many time do you think they've called on the services of a professional before? Probably never.

Surely if they knew what they were talking about then they wouldn't be ringing you in the first place. It's how you handle the enquiry is the key to this, rather than belittling the potential customer.

Asking relevant questions to qualify the enquiry and dealing with it professionally, whilst educating the customer so they understand the situation would be the correct approach.

Or maybe this is the preferred approach

Now that is the real and nearly only way to treat a customer, if it was only that easy. Thanks for sharing:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

No, some are just muppetts!!

CORRECT.... When I owned petrol stations I would have customers telling me that I was making a fortune from them and when I tried to explain that I was lucky to make 3 pence per litre gross out of which I had to finance premises worth around 1 million, maintain equipment, pay staff, cover credit card charges dramatically reducing that 3p, the ruddy stuff used to evaporate and contract underground all of which I would have paid the duty on etc etc they would still say `I know your raking it in` so I would then offer to show them a fuel invoice at which point an expression of `does not compute` would come onto their face as they scuttled out declining the offer but still murmuring that I was robbing them :confused1: