LJ OR SJ help please

Mikelawn

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have only used a lj once and found it abit all or nothing and not quite as smooth, but i have been on spiderjack since it first came out almost, so am very accustomed to it now, what i like is that fine control that has been said and in my opinion maybe a little easier to use hand over hand on ascent, BUT been able to pull out the rope from the top of a jl is a plus and WR compatible, but having said that it is possible with the sj too, tbh i havnt answered your question just made it more confusing :S

i have only used a lj once and found it abit all or nothing and not quite as smooth, but i have been on spiderjack since it first came out almost, so am very accustomed to it now, what i like is that fine control that has been said and in my opinion maybe a little easier to use hand over hand on ascent, BUT been able to pull out the rope from the top of a jl is a plus and WR compatible, but having said that it is possible with the sj too, tbh i havnt answered your question just made it more confusing :S

all or nothing that's what i like about it..

Thanks for all your opinions and advice. Just got off the phone to honey bros and I ordered a SJ with the tachyon rope. Also thought it was time for a new harness and got the new skylotec. Won't be here till next week :-( will be like x-mas day when it comes can't wait to try it out.

i found the lock jack a bit all all nothing also but when paired up with the rope wrench it seems to so much smother and more controlable, would definatly try and have a go with the rope wrench its a brilliant bit of kit, i think there may be a small thread on here about it!!

carl.

A very large thread. Dude change that skylotec they are a clumsy harness. Plus also I don't think you can change the bridge on them so you wont be able to add a swivel.

Well I was gonna go with the motion but my bill was already at £700 so I couldn't really afford anything else apart from that. Tried petzle but don't like them and been climbing with the butterfly but squashes my nuts all the time.

funny the majority of the thread was pro LJ and you SJ you'd made your mind up ages ago :) you may find they burn out a bit quicker. the transition from vt will be easier. the all or nothing problem with the lj is generally due to poor choice in rope, and cams need breaking in

I would of stuck with a Hitch and put my money towards a better fitting harness. A sj, lj, rw or hitch makes no difference it's you not so much the kit that counts.

It still boggles my mind that it's a belief that moving to a sj is a step up in performance. The step in performance comes from you!

I got to admit though the new improvements to the sj really make me tempted to get one, but alas I need to put my money elsewhere nearly all my kit is looking tired these days.

I would of stuck with a Hitch and put my money towards a better fitting harness. A sj, lj, rw or hitch makes no difference it's you not so much the kit that counts.

It still boggles my mind that it's a belief that moving to a sj is a step up in performance. The step in performance comes from you!

I got to admit though the new improvements to the sj really make me tempted to get one, but alas I need to put my money elsewhere nearly all my kit is looking tired these days.

I agree with the performance thing. Flash gear doesn't make a climber, it only makes a climbers day a bit easier.

It's the 'all the gear and no idea' syndrome again! Haha :)

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2wqg3h