i know its been asked before but what motor should i get

Stu

I'm on forest tracks alot. Unless your doing lots of towing or carrying loads of stuff get a small van. I went for a berlingo, has a fold away seat. Loads of room. Can tow 1050 gross (I think) 50mpg. Put some good tyres on too. You'll get a good one for around 3k and have money left over for extra locks, tow bars, ply lining trailer etc!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pagxiu

i did think about a van but a van would have no chance of getting down the tracks and fields, problem is once the forwader with tracks goes down there everything turns to mush.

also im getting sick of parking miles away from the cutting site and having to walk half an hour into the woods on some sites lol

Thanks for the advice

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only comment on disco's had 200tdi that spent its previous life in suburbia

and lasted a good few yrs with only new clutch and decent tires , ripped out back seats tinted back windows and it was bomb prof even took engine out and used it in my old 130.

Then bought td5 commercial comfy secure and you can leave tools in it if you cant get on top of site ,had it 5yrs now only had to change suspension bags and compressor (recommended every 5yrs ) and fuel line that rubbed at the back chassis, flown through all mots except for front light pointing too high oh yeah and replaced brake pads, filters oil etc

Admittedly its got a few dents from off road and :blushing: from the first time I took it off road, smashed front light (that was the reason I went for the last of the old style lights as a replacement one cost £40 flea bay) and bonnet as some fool had changed the reverse gear position!!

I even had it stuck in water for about 5 hours up over the front seats boxing day a couple of years back and all it did was tick along submerged and stink for a few months..!

It cost me £2600 and spent about £650 on the above bits so not all horror stories. I love a bargain:biggrin:

When you get out and shut doors it should hiss and drop about 20mm and you have to check it raises to off rd position with doors shut and bonnet otherwise it wont do nada so just open a window lean in and press the button.

I do like my landy's as they have always been good to me but maybe I'm just one of the lucky few but it hasn't needed as much maintenance as the older ones Ive had.

l200 i couldn't comment but like all things there are good and bad.

Just don't jump on the first shiny thing you see you got the cash your in control not the seller but maybe that's teaching granny to suck eggs

Good luck in your search

I have a l200 4 work and love it, I have the double cab version for the kids etc. Its a 53 plate and done just over 200k now. Ok i have had to replace a couple of clutches (both my fault with over loaded trailers going up grass banks) and the fuel injection pump.

Its also very smooth on the road plus the mpg is not to bad.