i know its been asked before but what motor should i get

Stu

The times coming when i think my corsa is gunna give up the ghost, all these bumpy forest tracks arnt doing it any good so im defenatly thinking about getting a 4 x 4

so the queston is what do you lot think are good motors i know everybodys got there preference but it would be good to get some good and bad points like miles per gallon etc as i dont want to buy a mony eater. im thinking about either spending 4-5k or do you think it would be worth putting that 4k towards finance and getting a newer motor maybe with a garentee for a year or two?

i was thinking along the lines of a disco but have heard a few bad things

so thoughts on

ford rangers

nissan navaras

izuzu rodeo

and any others people have experince with

cheers guys

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The times coming when i think my corsa is gunna give up the ghost, all these bumpy forest tracks arnt doing it any good so im defenatly thinking about getting a 4 x 4

so the queston is what do you lot think are good motors i know everybodys got there preference but it would be good to get some good and bad points like miles per gallon etc as i dont want to buy a mony eater. im thinking about either spending 4-5k or do you think it would be worth putting that 4k towards finance and getting a newer motor maybe with a garentee for a year or two?

so thoughts on

ford rangers

nissan navaras

izuzu rodeo

cheers guys

HI STU land rover 90 td5 disco td5 there ok jon :thumbup:

so thoughts on

ford rangers

nissan navaras

izuzu rodeo

cheers guys

Forget the rest, buy the best- gotta be a landy 90 for your situation, unless you need load space then the 110:thumbup1: 4-5k will get you a decent landy

Shogan?

Trooper?

The nissan version of those

i've had 2 navaras both around 30mpg both with dam good service from Nissan. Nissan is about 3 miles from my house which is why very convient for service and spares.

Wouldn't have another Toyota after i had a falling out in the service department.

Best advice is if you live next door to land rover and dont mind the issues that come with one then get a landy. If you live next to ford get a ranger. Really they're all much of a muchness anyway.