Milling 4ft walnut butt with Stihl 090

Rob D

Great vid Rob, but that tune has scarred me!

Is it cause your grandma didn't buy you Christmas pressies!! :001_tongue:

I've kept the original one and that was Katy Perry.... but youtube no like it!

• 1 year later...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a Stihl 090 recently and this was the first real milling job for it.... am out of 56" rails at the mo so had to use 48" which just managed it.

Apologies for song but at least it's in keeping.... original vid I uploaded they blocked.....

Synopsis of song - writer feels that walnuts are one of the few things he can trust in life as his Grandma promised him lots of things for Christmas and didn't deliver... :001_tongue: he is understandably upset and angry about this.

This walnut would rate :

Colour : 7/10 - pretty deep colour

Shake : 10/10 - no shake whatsoever!

Sap ring : 4/10 - massive white sapwood ring - not what you want to see...

HI ROB has the 090 got more TQ then a 880 mate but the 880 has more speed yes/no thanks jon :thumbup:

Ah that's not too bad, been milling some old dead standing oak today and had to sharpen every two runs. Was some hard old stuff! Definitely considering getting one of those grinder things as taking it off the mill is a bit of a pain. Do you do a battery powered one or is there an attachment for a Dremel I could use?

HI ROB has the 090 got more TQ then a 880 mate but the 880 has more speed yes/no thanks jon :thumbup:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/25029.htm

I think the video to answer your question may be this link, but I can't check it, as it won't load on my phone, the 090 proves to be faster under load

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App