Ref sainsburys frome out of petrol what a lol

mendiplogs

It does seem a bit stupid. The unions, by law, have to give 7 days notice of any strike action, so we should have fair warning and time to prepare. It may not come to a strike if ACAS can get some agreement.

IMO pretty poorly managed PR by the government.

I was wondering about using cherry too if it comes to that. Happy to pay the duty,(well not happy as such, but you know what I mean).

The challenge we face is the lack of resilience in our supply chains for most of our day to day needs. One hiccup and the shelves are empty.

It's a cunning plan, carefully orchestrated by the Govt

a) They say we should keep our tanks topped, creating a surge (panic) demand and the fuel stations run out

So they know how much we've got on a daily basis

b) Then it gets replenished and they know how long it takes

So they know the restocking time

Armed with all that data, they can work out a strategy plan, to deploy the military drivers

Not as stupid, as they look.......................this Govt

They are making sure they are better prepared than Labour in 2000 were

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing I reckon but what will the price be like in a few yrs or from now @ the current rate of increases in oil price. Its only going one way could be transport will be a luxury for the rich again like when cars first came out maybe the rest will have to can walk to work pushing a handcart etc or horse and carriage resurgence for the slighty better off :001_rolleyes:

Also won't people start limiting work too closer to were they live or have to move to live next to there work.

The term " to hell in a hardcart" might have some truth in it

Edited by face cord

Has the world gone totally insane? The mere threat of a fuel strike and people panic buy! By panic buying they are feeding the very frenzy they say they don't want. Couple that with the stupid government ministers making stupid statements as usual and we end up with a stupid situation. The tanker drivers don't even need to strike to win their argument, they just mention that they might and the whole nation goes into overdrive. Stupid stupid people. Wake up.

HI ANDY your right there mate but here nr bath it mad still theres small garage round out of dev/petrol it all mad jon :thumbup:

Absolutely crazy here in Plymouth; went to the Texaco at 6 this morning to fill my Wifes car, chatted to lady the behind the till; 11,000 litres of diesel left and 18,000 litres of petrol/s. I went back in there 9 ish to fill the truck and the queue was about 1/2 mile long, well over 100 cars blocking the road. By this time she had 10,000 litres diesel left. On the way back from the yard I thought I'd get some petrol for the splitter, saws etc and by now 4000 litres an hour was being panic purchased so probably empty by now. Mental.

Garage in exeter increased derv from £1.43/l to £1.79/l this morning.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Absolutely crazy here in Plymouth; went to the Texaco at 6 this morning to fill my Wifes car, chatted to lady the behind the till; 11,000 litres of diesel left and 18,000 litres of petrol/s. I went back in there 9 ish to fill the truck and the queue was about 1/2 mile long, well over 100 cars blocking the road. By this time she had 10,000 litres diesel left. On the way back from the yard I thought I'd get some petrol for the splitter, saws etc and by now 4000 litres an hour was being panic purchased so probably empty by now. Mental.

Garage in exeter increased derv from £1.43/l to £1.79/l this morning.

Had one like this over this way when it was all very silly 12 years ago. After the panic was over, people boycotted that filling station and it closed down :thumbup1:

It's a cunning plan, carefully orchestrated by the Govt

a) They say we should keep our tanks topped, creating a surge (panic) demand and the fuel stations run out

So they know how much we've got on a daily basis

b) Then it gets replenished and they know how long it takes

So they know the restocking time

Armed with all that data, they can work out a strategy plan, to deploy the military drivers

Not as stupid, as they look.......................this Govt

They are making sure they are better prepared than Labour in 2000 were

Really?:sneaky2:

So rather than looking at the available figures for what people actually use, the cunning plan is to see how much they can force us to buy and act on that.

That's a wee bit far-fetched I reckon:lol::lol: