comp venue

Craig Johnson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a venue ticking all the boxes but too far south for you all. Change the date if the venue can't do that weekend.

I fully appreciate how much effort is required to pull this event together but what gets me is how it is never thought of as soon as the current one is planned and at least agree a date/ venue. There are a handful of people out there willing to help but if their not asked then they can't.

Hope someone comes up with something decent in the right place for everyone.

i think finding a place, no matter where it is in the Uk as long as it is in the UK. if you make it so strict and limiting the places where you can go so much. its going to be very hard to get people to go, due to the short/little notice.

surely if people had more warning where it was talking place, people could better plan to get to the event regardless of where it is north or south. i think this is the more limiting factor os people not be able to make it.

i think we really need to have a look at the lack of planning/warning/notice, we the climbers are given. There are lots of very very beautiful places and trees, that can be used. what about using some of the older sites that were used years ago, we know they worked. Example: Newport, Caple Manor, Myerscough ect etc and we can always change the trees around abit, not a isssue....

Matt Glen

i think finding a place, no matter where it is in the Uk as long as it is in the UK. if you make it so strict and limiting the places where you can go so much. its going to be very hard to get people to go, due to the short/little notice.

surely if people had more warning where it was talking place, people could better plan to get to the event regardless of where it is north or south. i think this is the more limiting factor os people not be able to make it.

i think we really need to have a look at the lack of planning/warning/notice, we the climbers are given. There are lots of very very beautiful places and trees, that can be used. what about using some of the older sites that were used years ago, we know they worked. Example: Newport, Caple Manor, Myerscough ect etc and we can always change the trees around abit, not a isssue....

Matt Glen

Sometimes it isn't possible to get events booked in advance but here are some 3ATC UK climbing comp dates for your diaries please keep an eye on the website for more information and entry forms Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge

Northern Open

26th May Craigside Estaite Morpeth Northumbria

UK Open

15th 16th of June AA Arb Fair Cirencester Gloucester

NEW South East OPEN

13th 14th July FR Jones and Son Forest and Arb show Shipbourne Kent

(Pending approval) MIDLANDS OPEN

13th 14th 15th September APF Ragley Estate, Warwickshire

if people have nothing helpful or positive to suggest/post then dont bother, as it takes enough thankless work to organise these events as it is. untill people are in a position to be aware of all the facts dont make assumptions about things they know little of.

Sometimes it isn't possible to get events booked in advance but here are some 3ATC UK climbing comp dates for your diaries please keep an eye on the website for more information and entry forms Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge

Northern Open

26th May Craigside Estaite Morpeth Northumbria

UK Open

15th 16th of June AA Arb Fair Cirencester Gloucester

NEW South East OPEN

13th 14th July FR Jones and Son Forest and Arb show Shipbourne Kent

(Pending approval) MIDLANDS OPEN

13th 14th 15th September APF Ragley Estate, Warwickshire

that helpful nick thanks