Maul or axe question please

predator

Predator give Brabbin and Rudd a call in Wigan. The steel in their large axes is easily as good as ones costing twice as much.

have you got a tel number please or have they a web site ??? and thank you for your advice as i,am skint at the moment a little is a lot to me

Just ordered the Fiskars X27 and X7 (14" hatchet) from Amazon.com - mentioned on another thread.

$122.23 (or £80) all in. £13 was taken as pre-payment in case of HMCE check, which I understand might be repaid.

Not a bad deal compared to UK prices I thought.

I swear by this maul- Leborgne | Produits - - 3.7 kg Bursting Maul with mis-hit guard

Not sure how much they cost anymore, its been that long since we bought our's. No issues with the handle, unbelievable hardened steel in the head, we have bashed that so many times with a 10lb hammer (10 years worth of firewood - the knottiest elm you can physically split by hand) and still not even a crack or a corner chipped off. Truely unbelievable, the sort of tool my old fellow will give to me for my kids one day.

Stop hitting your axes and mauls with a sledgehammer, they're not designed for that lol

If you want wedges to knock in with a sledge then buy some, they're only about a fiver

Edited by scbk

if you're after budget, I have a Supatool axe that has seen a hell of a lot of use wood splitting, been hammered on the back countless times and is still going strong after 3 years! Handle is finally on the way out, but head seems in pretty good shape still.

SupaTool HW4 4lb Axe, Hardwood Handle - 800mm Length

I keep thinking about buying a nice axe, but would be afraid to use it as it cost so much!

Stop hitting your axes and mauls with a sledgehammer, they're not designed for that lol

If you want wedges to knock in with a sledge then buy some, they're only about a fiver

THAT,S ME TOLD OFF LOL

i,ve only used the axe on the maul or maul on axe sorry :blushing: