Chipper bits stolen off it

Littletree

Hi all I got into work this morning to our site on the m4

J45 and went to start up the chipper only to find the controll panell missing the shute and one of the levers that operate the tracks missing they had dammaged another one of the levers . I think they would of had the whole thing if they could off they must of been watching the movements of our team over the last 2 weeks . It was a Jensen 530 tracked chipper .

Littletree

Hi Littletree,

I was traveling down the M4 to London friday evening and i'm sorry to say but your chipper stood out like a sore thumb, even though you had put it behind the container a bit.

Whenever i have had to leave my machine anywhere like that i have taken 5 minutes to take the discharge chute off and put a tarp over the machine so it does'nt look like a chipper quite as much if that makes sense.

Sorry to hear about the damage though.

Yes I was surprised there was anything left of it ,most of it was still there.

The company that I am working for had it on hire . but it had to be lifted over the fencing with the hiab so it had to live on site as it ment a full lane closure to get the chipper and welfare units onto site and the same later to get it all back off site so the chipper had to stay there over nights .

Littletree

Couldn’t get the machine to move so settled for a bit of scrap instead?

Maybe for scrap but would be surprised as what they took makes me think they wanted Maybe wanted it for a chipper they have or Mabel building . They had been quite careful with the dismantling of the control panel .

Littletree

would it not have paid to have another container on site for the chipper?all the same my heart goes out to you :)

Usually the company have a second small container for all the kit but Not the chipper. But it's only 2% of jobs that they hire in chipper for as it's mainly rope access work we are doing but the odd job there is a large de veg needing one .

Littletree