One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

So on the subject that an engine may but probably wont run any longer on alkylate fuel.

How much longer?

Given that aspen is more than double the price of pump how much will it cost to run a saw for three years on aspen compared to pump and could you buy another saw with the extra?

I bet you could

I recall a post on the forum a while ago from someone who reckons running Aspen has saved him a huge amount of money in repair and replacement.

Sad thing ( for me) is that I can't find this post to quote here, maybe someone else will.

But to me, the longer life of equipment is not he biggest advantage. In fact its a disadvantage because I sell saws etc!!!.

The biggest advantage comes from the consistency of performance and the much more pleasant working environment.

As we have seen on the preceding posts on this thread, all the criticism of the product comes from those who don't, or won't use it. Most of those who do use it would not willingly go back to pump petrol, despite the price difference.

The purpose of my contribution to this subject is not to make people use Aspen, but to make as many people as possible aware of the the product and its possible benefits to them.

It is then their choice if they wish to try it.

It's the shelf life that appeals to me the most, sometimes when doing my own work I can use 5l+ a day, sometimes I won't touch it for a couple of months, which means I waste a lot of fuel (don't use old fuel as I've seized a few saws like that)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The biggest advantage comes from the consistency of performance and the much more pleasant working environment.

As we have seen on the preceding posts on this thread, all the criticism of the product comes from those who don't, or won't use it.

I don’t find petrol inconsistent and for the majority it’s not don’t or wont is cant, either because they can’t afford it or can’t find a supplier

I don’t find petrol inconsistent and for the majority it’s not don’t or wont is cant, either because they can’t afford it or can’t find a supplier

The supplier point I agree with,but I do think the more that use it,the more widely it will be available,this also might help on price.

I use it,it does cost me more,but I just price it into my costs so the client pays,I have not noticed any loss of work through this,in all honesty I dont realy notice the added outlay. I am lucky to have a dealer conveniently located,& that has a direct impact on my choice to use Aspen,as I dont want to have to store it in bulk,though if I had to,now I have used it for a good while,I would make provision for storage.:001_smile:

Ok, so you find petrol consistent. This being the case then you are obviously managing your fuel well. If you are buying regularly, and using it at a steady pace then it will indeed be consistent.

Many users however do not buy regularly, and do not use it quickly. It is well known that old petrol is not as good as fresh petrol, therefore different to when it was bought, or in another word 'inconsistent'

I doubt that any user worth his salt "can't afford it", more likely don't want to afford it.

And as regards "can't find a supplier', look at the signature line on the bottom of my post.

Sorry, this sounds a bit arsy, not meant to be, just to the point.

Ok, so you find petrol consistent. This being the case then you are obviously managing your fuel well. If you are buying regularly, and using it at a steady pace then it will indeed be consistent.

Many users however do not buy regularly, and do not use it quickly. It is well known that old petrol is not as good as fresh petrol, therefore different to when it was bought, or in another word 'inconsistent'

I doubt that any user worth his salt "can't afford it", more likely don't want to afford it.

And as regards "can't find a supplier', look at the signature line on the bottom of my post.

Sorry, this sounds a bit arsy, not meant to be, just to the point.

Tomorrow I will get through the best part of 5l, seven quid is enough to pay. Te seven quid I spend will be at the end of the street and not a 40 mile round trip

It comes out of my pocket each penny saved and all that