One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Working for short time with someone, who freely admitted it was probably the old mix, when his saw became sluggish & erratic and finally ceased running under load. He was unsure how old the mix was but knew he should've mixed fresh before walking-in the 1.2km, for 5mins. of cutting.

Me on the other hand, running my normal premix by Aspen, cut the day through without a hiccup and didn't miss a beat. No worry about how old the mix was and am happy with the knowledge, that I won't be wasting 3+Ltrs. of stale pump-premix.

Working for short time with someone, who freely admitted it was probably the old mix, when his saw became sluggish & erratic and finally ceased running under load. He was unsure how old the mix was but knew he should've mixed fresh before walking-in the 1.2km, for 5mins. of cutting.

Me on the other hand, running my normal premix by Aspen, cut the day through without a hiccup and didn't miss a beat. No worry about how old the mix was and am happy with the knowledge, that I won't be wasting 3+Ltrs. of stale pump-premix.

Its good to read such a positive post TGB:001_smile:

There have been many posts concerning the relatively high cost of Aspen. You are obviously happy to pay the price because you have come to value the benefits.

Has the extra cost made noticeable difference on your bottom line, or have the benefits compensated?

A while back I said the old fill partner wasn't very good so I'd got a new 1 which gets used all the time now.

Now I know why I thought the old 1 was crap, it's because it was 1 of these so sorry Eddie.

Hi,

The handle is a Husky part and our new FillPartner (Gray Plasitc) is a Aspen part.

All our dealers should have the FillPartner in stock. If not they can order it for you.

Thanks for posting your picture.

All the

Best

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

Presently I use petrol/oil mix for my 2-stroke machines and if I plan not to use the machines for a while, I empty them of petrol, half fill the tanks with Aspen and run them for a while on Aspen. Question is, if I want to change to Aspen full time, my MS661C-M will probably need to have it's tuning tweaked. Being m-tronic, is there any way of retuning it other than taking it into the dealers? (And also other than buying expensive computer equipment to retune it)

Being M-Tronic it should retune itself shouldn't it ? The system is supposed to take octane, altitude and temperature etc. and adjust accordingly. When you empty and run on Aspen to store them does it run or struggle ?

I haven't actually used it for work - just ran it on Aspen for a while to replace the petrol in the carb in preparation for standing on the shelf. I did get the impression that it wasn't idling as well. Also, I thought M-tronic just took care of density and altitude - didn't know it took care of fuel as well. I'll give it a good workout on Aspen when I get home and report back