Another reason why I will ALWAYS buy an iPhone.

Old Mill Tree Care

The smoking ban is great, means I can enjoy a pint or a meal without being poisoned and my eyes stinging, not to mention the way my cloves would smell the following day!!!

My iPhone battery lasts longer the a day.

As for a smoker taking about brain washing and people being told they can't live without something (what like an addition??:001_rolleyes:) thats just bonkers when you consider their habit will more than likely lead to their early demise and often in the most unpleasant manner.

What I really don't get is all this vitriol about Apple???:confused1:

No one is holding a gun to anyones head, it not the law that you must have one, if done like them don't buy one, its really simple :001_smile:

I think my iPhone adds to my life, which is great. Just last week we had taken our girls to a children's jungle gym type place in the morning, we were thinking of going home, I asked my lass if she fancied the flicks, she did, googled the cinema on my phone, great film starting in 10 minuets, nice one!!, off we go, happy days :biggrin:

What is the big problem????

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my 4s mugged off me last friday night out in newcastle:thumbdown: just bought another one on ebay for £400, expensive night out:thumbdown::thumbdown:

That's the dirty Geordies for you. They will knock the crack hairs outta your erse if your not careful.

Rich (a true teesider!)

got my 4s mugged off me last friday night out in newcastle:thumbdown: just bought another one on ebay for £400, expensive night out:thumbdown::thumbdown:

iphone 4s + night out - insurance = well, you get the idea

you can get insurance for about £3 a month for iphones

Your'e comparing the battery life to a bog standard phone devoted to just making phone calls, when the iphone(or any other smartphone) does so much more. Its kinda like comparing the fuel consumption in a porsche to a cinquecento.

I use my phone mainly for calling and texting, so the comparison is sound. If a phone that's being used for an average amount of time cannot last longer that a day without charge, then it's no good to me. I have enough to deal with without having to babysit a piece of spoonfed technology and carry a damn charger around with me wherever I go. Plus, they're quite delicate and bulky, and I'd rather a disposable phone that's cheap to replace when out in the field.

Believe me, if there was a 'smart' phone (in other words, a handheld computer capable of phone calls) that lasted a minimum of 5 days without charge after general surfing, calling and texting, for around the £250 mark, then I'd snap it up. But there isn't, so I'll make do without any noteworthy consequences.

Incidentially, Apple (and other manufactures) are currently able to manufacture batteries that do last 5 x longer than the current batteries, but they choose not to because they take longer to charge, which makes no sense to me.

Each to their own, hey.

The smoking ban is great, means I can enjoy a pint or a meal without being poisoned and my eyes stinging, not to mention the way my cloves would smell the following day!!!

My iPhone battery lasts longer the a day.

As for a smoker taking about brain washing and people being told they can't live without something (what like an addition??:001_rolleyes:) thats just bonkers when you consider their habit will more than likely lead to their early demise and often in the most unpleasant manner.

What I really don't get is all this vitriol about Apple???:confused1:

No one is holding a gun to anyones head, it not the law that you must have one, if done like them don't buy one, its really simple :001_smile:

I think my iPhone adds to my life, which is great. Just last week we had taken our girls to a children's jungle gym type place in the morning, we were thinking of going home, I asked my lass if she fancied the flicks, she did, googled the cinema on my phone, great film starting in 10 minuets, nice one!!, off we go, happy days

What is the big problem????

HI my iPhone better then a tom-tom satnav it good all round kit jon :thumbup:

iphone 4s + night out - insurance = well, you get the idea

you can get insurance for about £3 a month for iphones

Which won't be worth the paper it's written on....

I have a £10 phone for phone calls, and a laptop with broadband dongle (Mac) in the truck for anything else. Had an iPod, good kit, but I just find a laptop simpler and easier.

Marketing and hype is for morons. I'm immune to it as my brain is incapable of processing anything other than work stuff :lol:

I've always used Apple kit because it's the best. I have a laptop because I need it for the business. I don't have an iPhone because I don't need one. Simples. :thumbup:

I don't understand why some have this dirty attitude towards Apple.

iPhone has so many uses. I was at work a few weeks ago and had a problem, looked on Arbtalk and found the info I needed. Problem solved.

I have not seen a single advantage that my groundie's Galaxy has over iPhone.

No one forced the smartest people to work for Steve Jobs.

No one forced members of the public to buy Apple products and advertising has not brainwashed anyone.

Don't rant about child labour in impoverished countries unless you have personally visited these places and you understand 100% of the situation.

To voice contrary opinions to these points, as some have on this thread, is naive, ignorant and immature IMO.

I chose to buy Apple stuff after thorough research as it suited my needs and desires better than any other.

I don't get why folks have to slag off Apple. I never hear Apple users wasting their time slagging off Android etc.

I use my phone mainly for calling and texting, so the comparison is sound. If a phone that's being used for an average amount of time cannot last longer that a day without charge, then it's no good to me. I have enough to deal with without having to babysit a piece of spoonfed technology and carry a damn charger around with me wherever I go. Plus, they're quite delicate and bulky, and I'd rather a disposable phone that's cheap to replace when out in the field.

Believe me, if there was a 'smart' phone (in other words, a handheld computer capable of phone calls) that lasted a minimum of 5 days without charge after general surfing, calling and texting, for around the £250 mark, then I'd snap it up. But there isn't, so I'll make do without any noteworthy consequences.

Incidentially, Apple (and other manufactures) are currently able to manufacture batteries that do last 5 x longer than the current batteries, but they choose not to because they take longer to charge, which makes no sense to me.

Each to their own, hey.

Why are you always complaining about the iPhone battery?

You just stated that you only phone and text so iPhone doesn't suit your needs. Fair point Treenuts so why the slagging off.

Have you got one? If so then you are a victim of slick advertising who couldn't make his own decision as you have bought something you don't need. The laugh is on us!

Tell me, would a Boeing 747 suit your daily needs? I doubt it but do you go online slagging off the overhead lockers or colour of the tyres?