How hard to hit this hedge?

RobRainford

That makes very good sense - I hated mewps till I used one for a job just like this!

If you've got one - use it!

Whereas' date=' I'd recommend reducing it and then keeping it tidy with an annual trim.

Because I have a tracked MEWP. :sneaky2::biggrin:[/quote']

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it climbed.

I've done 1000's of hedges and only got a MEWP in ones, hired it for the week and parked it up before lunch on the first day, much faster to get in the middle of the hedge and crack on!!!IMO.

Plus if the job will stand the cost of MEWP hire, just charge the same and pocket more profit!!!

Get it climbed.

I've done 1000's of hedges and only got a MEWP in ones, hired it for the week and parked it up before lunch on the first day, much faster to get in the middle of the hedge and crack on!!!IMO.

Plus if the job will stand the cost of MEWP hire, just charge the same and pocket more profit!!!

:dito::thumbup:

Get it climbed.

a mewp can make it a bit awkward for getting the middle out, so climbing it is fair comment, last time i used a mewp on a hedge it was a pain to get into the hedge and was reaching out the bottom of the basket just to make the cuts.

there certainly is potnential for mewp hire, i will factor it in just incase its needed. But ive got a feeling this job will take longer than planned. directly behind the hedge on the two long sides are roads, which are country roads but there is no pavement between the base of the trees and the road, so nothing can go backwards.

I did this one in day with a mate. I did right hand side, he did left. I would say 40-50% would be doable on the thicker trees. Climb mate much easier than mewp. Just climb through middle and crack on.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/26406-bbc-documentary-about-leylandii-4.html#post439476

No clear up though might I add.

Edited by Rich Rule

mewp for upper sides and as much of top as can be done comfortably, especially where hedge has been previously topped. climb centre if awkward to get at with mewp. gets nicer finish on hedge imo. i find using polesaw from harness quite severe on body. it takes practice to get the best out of a mewp (not wishing to get into mewp v climber btw)