Chips

pembswoodrecycling

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats's neither helpful nor relevant.

Clearly I'm asking for advice and suggestions. Still setting up and finding my feet. considering all options, I would say is inherrantly not stupid.

Do you, PhilBeech, know everything about everything in the world ever?.........clearly not.

"Learning is only the progressive realisation of our own ignorance" - Albert Einstein

A stupid question it may be, but could someone please put forward something useful?

Just out of interest are you registered with the Environment Agency?

In the past we've hired a chipper but just used the chip around the farm, gateways etc, applying for the D7 exemption would be the next step (not burnt anything to date), but we may not need to bother with that if we were to chip all our waste.

For biomass is just a pile outside sufficient? we have hard standing, not concrete though. is there a time limit? the chip must start to rot eventually?

also how would you get in touch with some such company?

On some threads the typed responses can give the impression that some people are on an ego trip. Beware that some comments are intended to be humorous rather than having a go.

It's not easy without seeing facial expressions and hearing the intended tone.

Mind you - it can lead to some good 'handbags'

Try not to take it personally and make the most of the more helpful responses.

Anyway...

The sheer number of tree surgeons who use chippers would suggest thats the way to go

On some threads the typed responses can give the impression that some people are on an ego trip. Beware that some comments are intended to be humorous rather than having a go.

It's not easy without seeing facial expressions and hearing the intended tone.

Mind you - it can lead to some good 'handbags'

Try not to take it personally and make the most of the more helpful responses.

Anyway...

The sheer number of tree surgeons who use chippers would suggest thats the way to go

if someone replied to a question i`d asked with "are you stupid" i would take it as read, in answer to the origonal question i think you need at least enough to fill an arctic.