anyone found any bird nests yet?

Martyn Amos

2 dove squabs killed three weeks ago when I felled a very dense 10foot Spruce.

I have found dove squabs in every month of the year now, including December.

It's a pain sometimes, but we make an effort to pull the ropes and go back when they've flown, customers are normally happy with this.

We should be flat out hedgecutting now, before nest building really gets going, but try telling the public that!

Wood pidgeon in conifer sat on two eggs 2nd week of Feb. Squirrel drey with young and another wood pidgeon sat on two eggs in large conifer hedge last week.

Phew, so far only vermin! :flute:

Seen magpies and wrens building.

all edible.....:001_rolleyes:

2 dove squabs killed three weeks ago when I felled a very dense 10foot Spruce.

I have found dove squabs in every month of the year now, including December.

It's a pain sometimes, but we make an effort to pull the ropes and go back when they've flown, customers are normally happy with this.

We should be flat out hedgecutting now, before nest building really gets going, but try telling the public that!

thing is with the doves they dont give the nest away and sit until the last second,i topped a connie hedge last year and the one stem i had just put a gob in,then the back cut pushed over and the dove did not fly out until limb hit the deck???

2 eggs smashed..:blushing:

Pigeons nesting and blue tits and great tits using boxes put up last autumn. Unfortunately dropped an ivy clad sycamore with a large squirrel drey in it today. It had 6 babies and the mother. Mother was dispatched as were the young. Didnt see the drey till it hit the floor.

Why is that unfortunate? I reckon that's a great result:lol:

I found a Pigeons nest today with one egg in it.