Help best man speech to write

D.M.Taylor Firewood Supp

Of you use a best man website, make sure the dad and the groom don't use a similar site, it's sllbthe same stuff.

thank the bridesmades, say something cheeky, something nice, say something funny, say something that leaves a bit of mystery about that 1 time wherever, but the key to a great speach is finish with being sincere.

wish them all the best, tell them it isn't going to be easy, but with each other they will be fine, etc etc. Get the bridesmaids all hot and bothered and make every other man look like a selfish pig, if the ladies go , awe and look around nodding, you have nailed it, give your mate a hug, give the bride a kiss and go await the free booze.:)

Don't get bevvied up before the speech. If you're really nervous, don't try to hide it, you'll gain sympathy as you talk by showing these emotions.

Humorous quips about the groom but not if you embarrass him or make the bride nervous.

Write it all down, know it off by heart, read from it if you're nervous.

Then get hammered.

Now it's always hard to gauge what to say as the best man, theres a whole range of people of people here today, grandparents, parents, in laws, friends ect. So I thought would be safest if I was to try and offer the bride and groom some advice, I had thought the best way to do this was to share some experiences from my own marriage...........then I remembered that this is supposed to be a happy and positive occasion.....

Of you use a best man website, make sure the dad and the groom don't use a similar site, it's sllbthe same stuff.

thank the bridesmades, say something cheeky, something nice, say something funny, say something that leaves a bit of mystery about that 1 time wherever, but the key to a great speach is finish with being sincere.

wish them all the best, tell them it isn't going to be easy, but with each other they will be fine, etc etc. Get the bridesmaids all hot and bothered and make every other man look like a selfish pig, if the ladies go , awe and look around nodding, you have nailed it, give your mate a hug, give the bride a kiss and go await the free booze.:)

Steve, I think you've nailed it there. Have one really good story involving you both that you know off pat. Don't make anything up or tell porkies and you'll be fine. Good Luck.

Don't drop any major bombshells about illigitamate children based around the country and don't go overly sincere or you'll look like you want to run off with the Groom. I had two best men, one made a video and stiched me right up. Its not as bad as you imagine it will be. Good luck

Before the speech you read out the cards of those that couldn't attend - don't read the whole lot out as nobody that interested!

A good one is to get the most cringe worthy picture of the groom, photocopy a few times and hand round....

As said above end on a sincere note...

I did one last year and pretty much got the mix as above. I didn't know where to start, so decided to build the speech around quotes. In particular, there was an ice-breaker that I used at the start from Zsa Zsa gabor, who said that "a man is incomplete until he is married. After he's married, he's finished."

Other than that, it was a mix of gentle ribbing of the groom, complementing all the families, bride etc, telling the bride what a nice family she has married into etc.

My best man did a gag about how I'd told him on the morning of the wedding I was desperate to get my wife's knickers off. Of course, the punch line was that my reason for doing so was that I'd also allegedly told him that they were really chafing me... It seemed a good middle ground of risqué, but also acceptable for all but the most prudish auntie.

Good luck, and don't get get bladdered beforehand or think you can wing it. Or both. I've seen a few speeches where that led to complete drivel or downright offensiveness.