chainsaw gloves

predator

I use to wear chainsaw gloves, but not any more. Like mozza said there too bulky and end up taking them off to do most things, they haven’t got any grip and when wet are even worse/dangerous. I normally wear those £2 a pair grip gloves, much more comfortable.

But people should wear what they want.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a carver and so do not need to climb or work with ropes, so cant fully appreciate how gloves effect the 'climbing' side of your job.

I choose to wear cut protection gloves all the time. There are some artist that prefer not to, as bare hands would give you more 'feel' i guess.

I provide demonstrations at shows and fairs etc and to satisfy my health and safety/ insurance requirements i have to wear full protection. you do get used to wearing them and in my opinion are well advised to wear as much protection as possible. a shed load of risk involved when using chainsaws :)

thanks

i was very confused at first why have or use chainsaw protection gloves but not use them etc i was puzzled but understand now when your using a chainsaw wear them for protection like a condom just incase things go wrong your protected

.....you wear a condom when you are with your chainsaw?? That's a bit perverted isn't it? :laugh1:

I apologize for my opening statement last night . Way ott. In saying that i still believe there are youngsters coming in to the industry that think it is ' cool ' not to wear them. A dangerous precedence imo. :001_smile:

i like the youngster thing as i,am 48 but want to see 49 with both hands still working perfectly thankyou all for the advice its helped me once again i,am very greatfull as some websites/forums can get very sarky and chummy etc

all everyone has done is help well done you should be proud to be a pro and help others good people on here:thumbup1:

How about the old 'chainsaw mitts' ? last saw them 10 yrs ago,

never had any but they were a real pair of w/spanners to wear.

Used to ware them all the time as I didn't know the risk level but after posting on arbtalk with a high sample rate not wearing them, I assumed the risk was lower than I thought - so don't wear them so often. I do check chains for link wear and remove the chain if it starts juddering - never had one break.