Was that a ghost?

GardenKit

Ghosts. Of course they exist. Restless souls that will not cross over into the other world. Trapped, desperate beings.

Some people have the gift of communication with the 'other side'. Some people believe these people can and visit them for comfort. Police forces around the world have been known to use these people in an attempt to locate the bodies of murder victims.

So how come none of these gifted people can communicate with murder victims and come up with the culprits name, address etc?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really believe in ghosts.....but..........

Our last house was a 15 century thatched cottage, and several strange things happened in our time there

My boy used to wake up in the middle of the night screaming, his eyes would always be transfixed on the same spot on one of the roof beams, he would be inconsolable and his gaze wouldn't leave the spot. This happened reasonably regular.

My wife was always convinced the place was haunted but I would just laugh it off. One night though I woke up and 'thought' I saw a figure standing at the end of the room near the stair case, then rapidly disappeared down the stairs when I looked. This didn't really bother me too much, but for several weeks after I would subconsciously lift my head whilst in bed to look over to that spot. I didnt even realize I was doing this, but the missus picked up on it, and the fact that something had bothered me really put the spooks up her.

One day we had some friends over for an hour. The guys wife looked really uncomfortable and on edge the whole time. When i saw them off, she told me outside(away from my wifes ears as she didnt want to worry her), that she could feel a presence and it really put the wind up her.

There were various other things that happened too. Wife was very pleased when we moved from that house, and Ethan hasnt had any night frights since.

Oh and to top it all. When we were there our garden would regularly flood, really badly to the point that the water would nearly be up to the doorstep sometimes. We were talking to the neighbour one day and were generally moaning about the water, he asked us if we knew why, then proceeded to tell us. Our garden used to have a big pond in it which was filled in several years ago. Its purpose?? yes, it was the local witch dipping pond....and to add to it, just the other side of our garden boundary was where the village gallows were :biggrin:

Always loved a 'ghost' story and have always wondered how I would react to a supernatural

Episode. A flying chair smashing a wall, temperature drop an icy hand you get the sort of thing.

Do you remember , im sure it was called 'Ghost Hunter' in early 90's the old boy

Who went to all the most haunted sites in the uk, grainy filming and bad music ?

Not long ago I decided I would make the effort and go to some hotels , pubs etc and stay and see if anything would happen.

On 'Ghost Hunter ' one of his stories always had stuck in my mind and was in a pub called 'The Ram' . It was bought by a family to run as a pub and after a child's grave was found in the bar and lots of things going bump people being thrown against the wall and some real weird Stuff night/day ,the family left all but one the husband.

It is placed in ley lines and dates back to middle ages and at one point housesd the workers who built the church opposite on the hill. So a lot of history has passed and been associated

with it as it stands.

After going to a few places I thought I must at least visit the Ram, as to be honest up till then most places where about as atmospheric as tescos.

We got there at about 12pm on a sunday you weren't able to stay the husband still lives there in the same clothes in a tiny section of the building through fear the bar has long been shut. We originally thought we could get lunch there but it took about 30 mins for us poking around knocking before signs of life appeared.

I won't bother explaining what the place looked like you wouldn't believe me, or that a mass grave had been found in the barn I would say scoobi do set and plot would do.

We listened to his stories the scene was set and finally we were left with the freedom to roam.....

Meeting the 'Landlord' was an experience in its self and something's have no doubt happened to him and I would recommend if you have the chance or interest Go. They definatly threw away his mould !

But like all stories especially 'ghost' some people beleive some dispell and others just enjoy.

All I have are memories and a couple of photos showing 'orbs''. Now lots of people

Have pics of them and I have scoured the net but never seen similar especially not taken in the day.

I will dig them out and post the funny thing is we never noticed them untill about 4 months after taking them.

I've never seen a ghost and am open and would be happy to hear your thoughts on what these pics show cause they for sure arnt dust particles .....

The only experience I can really remember happenend about 20 years ago, I was just finishing off stacking the timber before going home for tea on the forest roadside with the county and crane when i burst a hydraulic hoze, I had to clear the road of timber as a artic was due in to fetch some loads early next morning, got the broken hoze off went home to have tea and make up a new hoze, got back up the wood fitted the new one back on finished stacking the timber, parked up the tractor and as walking back to the van in semi darkness a sort of small flame appeared right in front of me probably about the same size of a large match at chest height which lasted about 5 seconds, untill it it fizzled out.

Could it have been the dreaded "corpse's candle's" it is reputed that if someone see's these then someone either in the local area or someone you know is going to die.

I have had two happenings take place in the same house within One month. The first was while lying in bed one morning awake the bed room door was not closed all the way so I was waiting for my wake up greeting from my cat. I was looking forward towards the door and I watched the door slowly open 1/2 way expecting the cat to jump up on the bed and wake me for breakfast. Much to my surprise something did jump up on the bed on all fours since I could see prints on the sheet making it's way towards me. during this time I also heard some low grunting sounds and felt something on my chest pressing down. I was unable to move for some reason so I though this is interesting except the pressure migrated around my neck and I really started to have trouble breathing. This was no longer interesting and I was in mortal fear for my life since no one else was in the house at the time. I proceeded to start to recite the Lords prayer and in between the 2nd and 3rd time I heard a low toned voice say stop. The pressure around my neck started to release it grip and the weight that was pressing down upon my chest started to lift off as well. I got out of bed and called my girl friend at work and she was pretty sure I had experience something for sure, since my description was very vivid. The Second encounter happened about a week later when I had fallen asleep on the couch before bed. I awoke to have a strange sensation of low voltage energy starting from the middle of my torso and heading in either direction of my body slowly envelope me while still lying on the couch. This was a different sensation than what I had last experienced and I actually felt comfortable during this encounter. In addition to the sensation a type of energy or current running thru my body I could also see a fine white light around my body as well. This encounter last a few minutes and as suddenly as it had appeared is slowly dissipated and left my body. I decided to call my local Priest and explain the situation to him, asked him if he would come over and bless the house. The priest did and blessed all that were living there as well as my cat. I moved out of that house within a month after these happenings, and have never had anything like that happen to me since. Yes I believe in things that are not always visible to the naked eye or can not be easily be explained.

easy-lift guy

The first was while lying in bed one morning awake the bed room door was not closed all the way so I was waiting for my wake up greeting from my cat. I was looking forward towards the door and I watched the door slowly open 1/2 way expecting the cat to jump up on the bed and wake me for breakfast. Much to my surprise something did jump up on the bed on all fours since I could see prints on the sheet making it's way towards me. during this time I also heard some low grunting sounds and felt something on my chest pressing down. I was unable to move for some reason so I though this is interesting except the pressure migrated around my neck and I really started to have trouble breathing. This was no longer interesting and I was in mortal fear for my life since no one else was in the house at the time. I proceeded to start to recite the Lords prayer and in between the 2nd and 3rd time I heard a low toned voice say stop. The pressure around my neck started to release it grip and the weight that was pressing down upon my chest started to lift off as well. I got out of bed and called my girl friend at work and she was pretty sure I had experience something for sure, since my description was very vivid.

That sounds like sleep paralysis, which is something that I get from time to time.

It's not pleasant, but it helps if you can recognise it as a sleep disturbance rather than something supernatural.