Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

Come on - a thread like this is always going to lead into debate. What's wrong with it going into a debate anyway? :confused1:

There is nothing wrong with debate about people's beliefs, but as I said before the original post was a genuine search for like minded people within arbtalk, shame people can see and respect this.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that you were a Jehovahs witness Dave - how do you view those times now?

Very mixed mate.

I got a wonderful wife and a very sheltered childhood and early adulthood out of it, but I also live with a view that now did not matter, it was all about being a good boy now a doing all sorts of wonderful things in the paradise to come.

I know people who I grew up with that have forgone having a family to preach and believe they can have their family in the paradise:thumbdown:breaks my heart when I think of what they have missed.

Life is here and now, live it, enjoy it!!!!

This ain't no rehearsal or audition for better things to come!!!!

IMO.

My grandparents where mad on god and Jesus an all that, if they let me make my own mind up when I was growing up i may have had a different opinion BUT after being preached at, over and over and over, I came to the conclusion that it's all rubbish made up by some prophet smoking the wrong bush!!

i wonder how many people in this thread who claim not to be christian have had there children baptised....or indeed got married in church? I bet there are a few:confused1:

Clebrate xmas:confused1: Easter:confused1:

Just wondering.:001_smile:

i wonder how many people in this thread who claim not to be christian have had there children baptised....or indeed got married in church? I bet there are a few:confused1:

Clebrate xmas:confused1: Easter:confused1:

And how many people wish Jesus happy birthday on Xmas mate? None! It's allllll about presents these days, Nowt else, same with chocolate and Easter, plenty of kids won't even know why it is what is and even more won't care anyway

Very mixed mate.

I got a wonderful wife and a very sheltered childhood and early adulthood out of it, but I also live with a view that now did not matter, it was all about being a good boy now a doing all sorts of wonderful things in the paradise to come.

I know people who I grew up with that have forgone having a family to preach and believe they can have their family in the paradise:thumbdown:breaks my heart when I think of what they have missed.

Life is here and now, live it, enjoy it!!!!

This ain't no rehearsal or audition for better things to come!!!!

IMO.

I agree with that - it's not about doing good things now to cash your savings in the next life....

Trying to be a fair and just person in this life to help benefit the people around you here and now makes more sense (to me anyway!)

There is nothing wrong with debate about people's beliefs, but as I said before the original post was a genuine search for like minded people within arbtalk, shame people can see and respect this.

Why not just set up a group for like-minded people call it "Tree Christians" or similar, and then you can discuss your chosen topic with the sort of people you wish to be with. This is after all a discussion forum where we discuss, I think the majority so far have been respectful to one another.

Clebrate xmas:confused1:Easter:confused1:

Xmas and Easter were both around waaaaaay before Christianity.

jesus your getting nearly as cocksure as me!:lol:

slipped that in didn't you:001_smile:

and i've a pretty long way to go before i'm as cocksure as you:001_tt2:

In all honestly, i don't have a problem with peoples religious beliefs and respect the people that do believe in something greater than themselves unless they

a) preach and take advantage of the uneducated and vulnerable (and they do)

b) cause war (and it does)

c) say the world was created by a god (i can't believe it was when so much science says otherwise)

but christian, muslim, jew, buddhist, agnostic, atheist etc etc i'll be friends with them all if a little bit of respect is shared:thumbup: