Advice needed

MAPLE LEAF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows this for an idear, write her a letter, and say yuod like to bring in a consultant to assess the site and that if you are found to be at fault you will rectify the problem- but if not she will have to pay for the report and will have no grounds for complaint.

The second she made contact with you, you should of reached for your protocol for this situation, which would state the cost of a non refundable consultancy as it was 2 years ago(unless you said more than that when planting)

the genuine person would agree the chancer would throw a hissy and eventually hang up.

you on the other hand went into panick mode thinking your world would crumble at the meer thought of her bad mouthing you to her buddies.

If you have spent years building a sound reputation, do you honestly think a few moans and groans from a customer about a hedge will bankrupt you?

by not stating the first you have shown weakness, and she is taking advantage of that.

you have to reach inside for the big guy voice and man up, or you planted a crap hedge so give her £3k :)

Good luck

The second she made contact with you, you should of reached for your protocol for this situation, which would state the cost of a non refundable consultancy as it was 2 years ago(unless you said more than that when planting)

the genuine person would agree the chancer would throw a hissy and eventually hang up.

you on the other hand went into panick mode thinking your world would crumble at the meer thought of her bad mouthing you to her buddies.

If you have spent years building a sound reputation, do you honestly think a few moans and groans from a customer about a hedge will bankrupt you?

by not stating the first you have shown weakness, and she is taking advantage of that.

you have to reach inside for the big guy voice and man up, or you planted a crap hedge so give her £3k :)

Good luck

Well said Mr Blair:thumbup1:

Good luck

You are professional and I believe you work for yourself, that said here in the States I would only guarantee a landscape for 30 days against loss, excluding acts of god. More times than not I would provide a year guarantee if the customer secured my maintenance service. Since we have a year round growing season usually on average I never lost more than 2% for any landscape I ever installed. Don't worry about this person willing to talk to her friends about the work you have done Two years ago

easy-lift guy

Like the sound of non refundable consultancy if shes wrong she pays and shuts up.

Anyone fancy doing it the jobs in west moors,dorset.

Let us know what you would charge.

I am in somerset. To give you a figure £300 Terms payable in advance of carring out the survey, it could go either way and it could be inconclusive, the cost would include if necessary one sample lab test.

I'm sorry if ive missed something but isnt privet semi evergreen - its winter - some leaves have dropped off, but the cambium is green.:confused1:

If it was me i would go and speak to her in person. I would probably offer to replace any dead plants and spray the weeds at my own cost. But I would charge labour.

I would make sure she knew that i was not admitting liability and that this action was taken as a good will guesture only.

If i felt some tlc was required (ie general maintenance, weeding and watering)I would give her a quote for maintaining and looking after the hedge for her.

Went round today to see privet and the first thing she said to me was oh its got new buds and regrowing again. But thanks for all your advice,espesially easy lift guy,will have guarantee in writing next time so there is no come backs,may of worried over nothing but i think things are going to be tough these next few years so any bad press is no good.

God didnt she look stupid, i walked away with one hell of a smile.