Firm Oak Reduction

Marc

O.k here is my first attempt at a work vid, much frustration as the program i used kept crashing, the final edit was way to long but I could not trim it down much more as I lack the patience.

Not seen many videos here of reduction so thought it may be different.

I have a quick dead/dying Beech bosh and a Horse Chesnut crane dismantle coming up soon'ish.

For the record there was no body thrusting during this climb!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHk3_7NzjA4]Oak Reduction Firm! - YouTube[/ame]

Really good video and a pleasure to watch :)

Is that a job you had to do when subbing? also what rope is that and size? 13mm 45mtr ?12mm etc also you must rate the saw pod?

Its nice to reduce with silky's and leave the noisey things in the box lol

good to watch :thumbup1:

Really good video and a pleasure to watch :)

Is that a job you had to do when subbing? also what rope is that and size? 13mm 45mtr ?12mm etc also you must rate the saw pod?

Its nice to reduce with silky's and leave the noisey things in the box lol

good to watch :thumbup1:

Thanks, it is 45m 12mm yale xtc pro i think, practically all my reduction are silky only. And yes i'm screwed without my sawpod, all that muscle memory an all.

I'm guessing that tree was close to 30m it was hard to gauge with the woodland behind, all I know is being a woodland tree it was very drawn with many ascending branches competing for the light with little lower canopy, making it an intresting climb.