food safe crack filler

slackbladder

I really like the Heinz sandwich fillers,yum! Seriously I've seen PVA glue mixed with sawdust from same wood used. Can't say whether it's food (or washing up ) proof though as guy who did it is somewhat of an eccentric. Try giving your local environmental health office a ring. I've found they are very helpful, especially if they think you are delivering a catering service.

i've used a type of resin in the past that when mixed with a little saw dust from the same piece that your working blended in perfectly,

Cant for the life of me remember what its called tho,:confused1:

give me an hour or so i'll have a look through my sheds and see if i can find it for you.

I'm guessing sawdust with epoxy resin would be OK since epoxy grouts were used on tiled kitchen work surfaces.

It'd probably be Ok to use a silicone sealant in there if you don't mind the rubbery feel and it's only small cracks but if you have a wife like mine who chucks everything into the dishwasher then that's your biggest challenge.....

..her next chopping board has to be a sheet of titanuim and a knife sharpener!

• 4 years later...

I brought some epoxy resin few years back shop said that most resins are food safe as they use it to line the inside of food tins. Not sure if they were winding me up or not but made me spend my money and never used the stuff. Had a look in the shed and can't find it to see the make. Last board i made i filled the crack with food safe tight bond 3 mixed some fine saw dust in with it sorted.