What do you say?

Rich2484

So you wound up joe public who was simply looking out for the environment and the place they live, who were then clearly concerned enough to call the council.

That’s not sarcasm, it’s misinforming and wasting peoples time. :thumbdown:

Not very professional, did you tell the man you laughed at your name? Perhaps it will be remembered when the LA are tendering work out.

Seriously :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you wound up joe public who was simply looking out for the environment and the place they live, who were then clearly concerned enough to call the council.

That’s not sarcasm, it’s misinforming and wasting peoples time. :thumbdown:

Not very professional, did you tell the man you laughed at your name? Perhaps it will be remembered when the LA are tendering work out.

um........Dr Green.....can you help this man chill.....?

Oh and he knows my name as I went to school wiith him and I'm quite good friends with him. He stayed the day as he didn't want to go back to the office and do a day of paperwork. He was the nominated tea boy for the afternoon.

He is a donkey when the jacket goes on but as he didn't see me when he first pulled up he started jumping up and down, after he heard me call out from behind a fence he relaxed and started joking.

The letters are usually laminated and pinned to said tree 3 days before work commences, this give people a chance to investigate what is going on and object if they wish. My laminator has been broken for a short while now so I didn't get a chance to do it.

As far as I'm concerned the work is passed and we are legal in doing it, if joe public wants to start coming out with stupid comments then that's what they are going to get back.

Most times I do find that it's people that have trees in there garden and they don't get the permission to have work done or they don't want the hassle of inquiring so they think that no one else should have the work done either so they try and make life hard.

Plus if we spend an hour talking to people during the day is the work going to get done and am I going to make any money?????

Oh and he knows my name as I went to school wiith him and I'm quite good friends with him. He stayed the day as he didn't want to go back to the office and do a day of paperwork. He was the nominated tea boy for the afternoon.

He is a donkey when the jacket goes on but as he didn't see me when he first pulled up he started jumping up and down, after he heard me call out from behind a fence he relaxed and started joking.

The letters are usually laminated and pinned to said tree 3 days before work commences, this give people a chance to investigate what is going on and object if they wish. My laminator has been broken for a short while now so I didn't get a chance to do it.

As far as I'm concerned the work is passed and we are legal in doing it, if joe public wants to start coming out with stupid comments then that's what they are going to get back.

Most times I do find that it's people that have trees in there garden and they don't get the permission to have work done or they don't want the hassle of inquiring so they think that no one else should have the work done either so they try and make life hard.

Plus if we spend an hour talking to people during the day is the work going to get done and am I going to make any money?????

I stopped being too nice after a year or two, short, to the point, and on with the job, if they get really irritating then spin 'em a yarn.

Hang on a moment, first you make it sound like you laughed in his face, then he is an old mate and you wandered off into the sunset holding hands.

This didn't work well as we had a council van come speeding up to us and start jumping up and down asking for the letter etc.

I just started rolling around laughing. He did not join in with me though.

after he heard me call out from behind a fence he relaxed and started joking.

Make your mind up

I try to be as polite as possible,even if it gets repetitive,If people enter a taped off work zone a slightly sharper response is liable to follow after establishing what their intent is.

It can be a pain to keep on explaining yourself,but these are people trying,in general to look after & show an interest in their environment,thats fair,professional & can drum up more work.

Well of course he didn't join in, sorry I didn't realise I had to be exact at what happend and presumed that most people would realise that I didn't laugh into his face at a distance of three inches or less, I was laughing at the fact that he had to come out and visit even tho there office knew the work was going on.

Jeeze ok shall I give you an exact description of the days events from start to finish. You asked for it so your going to have to read it.

I got up at 7 had my breakfast and went out the door for work, loaded vans hooked up chipper and made sure all the saws worked, left the yard and went to the job, about a 20 min drive.

Turned up on site and got offered a coffee before we started, while drinking coffee started to sort saws and climbing gear.

Climber started up the tree and started to cut once in position. By ten we had our first member of the public come up the footpath near the trees and ask if we knew there was a preservation order on it, or them as there was a row but we are only doing one. To this I was very polite and took her to the van and showed her the letter and explained that we were cutting the dead wood from the tree and reducing.

By 11 the second dog walker came along and stated the obvious, to this I stated that we had permission and if we would like to see it I can show him. He declined and left.

At 12.30 a women came along who was rude by stating that we should not be touching the trees, as we were only in one she pointed to the whole row, before I could utter a word she stormed off dragging her dog behind her.

By 1 while tucking into our sandwiches another member of public came along and stated the obvious again, I just handed him the letter and said we are just here to cut them down mate, with a cheeky grin. Thought he would get the fact that I was joking by grinning, didn't work and he just walked off.

At 13.00hrs the officer (Chris) turned up, I was clearing from a garden behind a 7ft fence, I heard his voice asking if he could see the permission for works letter and asking if we had authority for the work, from behind my fence I started laughing and shouted "haven't you got a pen to push Chris" his reply was how said that and what has it got to do with you, at this point I poked my head up with the same cheeky grin I gave the man earlier, he noticed me and smiled.

We had a good conflap about what was going on and he was sent out just to check it was us doing the work and no one else.

So he decided he would stay so if anyone else came along he could deal with them direct and save a phone call, makes a good cuppa aswell.

If this is not clear enough then please say so I can try my hardest to please.

Fed up with this thread now as it has gone completely away from what I was trying to do in the first place.

No Wounder I can't be asked to post anymore.