change of career

Rich 38

a up fellas im needing a change of employment. im currently into plastering selfemployed but it s got hard to make a living .is there anyone in the burton on trent staffordshire area that could give me a insight into the trade befor i jump in getting tickets etc . im 38 a grafter and love the out doors , nice site by the way

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

working as low as 60 a day at the moment aand working hard for it,money s not the be all to me , i just want to work more regular

You will start on that if your lucky and if you think you work hard now you will have a shock! think hard first and go and do a bit of part time work to see if you like it. hard work, not he best money but a great job.

You will start on that if your lucky and if you think you work hard now you will have a shock! think hard first and go and do a bit of part time work to see if you like it. hard work, not he best money but a great job.

Sound advice and if you really like working out doors you are at least 1/2 way there, the rest as has been said is really up to you!

easy-lift guy

If you're looking for a change of scene and a salary improvement, finishing carpentry is a better idea than tree surgery.

For the phenomenal level of investment and training you have to go through to get into tree surgery I'm amazed at how crap the pay is.

A good self employed finishing chippy should easily command £120/day at the moment, up to £150 and even more out of hours / weekends.

If you don't mind working harder than you ever have before, risking your life for bugger all reward other than the pleasure of doing the job, go for it!

Otherwise you might want to reconsider!

If you are the best plasterer in your area then you should never be short of work and you should be able to earn double what you are on now.

If, in five to ten years time, you manage to become as good as some of the better arborists in your area then you might be on the same money.

I dont know how good you are at plastering but you must be nearer to perfecting that trade than you are in tree work, and the investment for tree work is thousands if you aim to pay for it yourself.