201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

In my opinion this design like the 441 hasn't been around long enough for people ,dealers included to fully undertand their quirks .I've only seen vid clips of the 201 never had one in my hot little hands .

The 441 does okay I guess not IMO as good as the 440 it replaced though but that's a personal opinion on my part .Change evolves as the natural way of things .Remember it wasn't all that long ago automobiles had carbuerators to cause you fits . I miss them about as much as a tooth ache .

As far as the 200T goes I have one I enhanced to the point it will take a 16" bar buried to the hilt in oak .Is that neccessary in the course of normal tree work-no .Why so --because I can :001_smile:

Hmm - the annoyance that I've had is spare parts, bought the 201 from Honeys and liked the saw, but the plastic handle cracked when put under tension from a misplaced log (LOL!) and although the saw has been out for sale since last Arb show I was told that there were no spares in the UK until beginning of March, then end of March, then beginning of April, now end of April - so my nice new £500 saw is sitting there useless... Honeys aren't keen to take one off one of their stock saws so it's just a big lump of dead money :-( I feel that given the environment these saws work in it isn't really fit for purpose unless you can get spares... Grrrrr

I broke the top handle on my 201T about a month ago, rang Justin's team up (FR Jones) and had a replacement in my hands in less than 24 hours. Spares are out there, FR Jones seem to have a massive range on the shelf. Maybe you need to look at dealers other than Money brothers????

we have a a 201 at work as is the first one replaced, then we have several 200s, we have had this around 5 months and gave it lots of hammer, as they gat this at our spot and allready were hyaving to sort out the carb!! top handled saws will always have carb trouble as i can see it!! :sneaky2:

I'm starting to wonder if there are some Chines copies being sold to some :sneaky2:

Dick has sold plenty and only had one back and that was a faulty plug, they changed the plug and it was sorted.

Many of his customers are from Lancashire and Yorkshire, so if they were not happy with the saw they would not be slow to let him know :biggrin:

Dick Leigh is very,very well respected for his abilities to set up, tune and repair saws, I know of people who send their saws 400miles for Dick to service them.

So maybe his guys just set them up real well.

haha i bought my first pair of boots of dick! i dont use him know cause im in harrogate but wherever you go you hear his name!! very respected dealer! one of the best

the new saws handle and balance is totaly new, and although i loved the saw, after developing a grip for this saw over decade or more it was like wearing gloves for the first time giving me issues because of the change in grip.

i have changed back to the 200t and all is well again, I wouldnt slate the saw but regretfully for me the change of balance and grip has meant I have had to revert back or suffer pains